Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Hannigan/Cooper Marion County Indiana

  • linda buss
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2004
      --- ohmiahere <ohmiahere@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------

      Hi Everyone,
      I'm new here and also new to genealogy research. I'm
      looking for
      more information on my grandparents. Edward Michael
      Hannigan and
      Mary Ellen Cooper/Hannigan. I have a listing for them
      in the 1930
      census in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana with
      all 7 of their
      kids and again
      in the 1920 census. I need a birth date, death date or
      anything that
      might lead me to their parents.I would be so greatful
      for any
      assistance anyone might give.:>) tyvm Michele

      have you tried to get thier marriage certificate it
      would have their age then you can try searching birth
      records on line for their state in the year of their
      birth and then get the birth certificate and that
      would have the parents names and you can sometimes
      work backwards from there lots of luck

      canuckfan1

      Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help at
      Ancestry.Com

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      Terms of Service.

    • Lois Edwards
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2004
        Hi, do you know the names of any of his siblings?
        Write and let me know. Lois

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/0csqlB/TM

        > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
        > at Ancestry.Com

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://vote.yahoo.com
      • Lois Edwards
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 10, 2004
          The 1920 census shows Edward was born Ky and his
          parents were born Ireland. I checked the 1880 Ky
          census and the only Hannigans I saw were in Jefferson
          Ky Louisville. There is a James Hannigan there born
          1843 Ireland. He has a lot of kids including a 1 yr
          old. Since Edward was born 1882, he could belong to
          this man, born after the 1880 census. There is no 1890
          census to see this family in. Edward named a child
          James, this is a good clue. Unless you get a death
          cert, or will for James there is no way to tell if he
          is the one, unless you know the names of Edward's bro
          and sisters. Lois
          --- ohmiahere <ohmiahere@...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone,
          > I'm new here and also new to genealogy research. I'm
          > looking for
          > more information on my grandparents. Edward Michael
          > Hannigan and
          > Mary Ellen Cooper/Hannigan. I have a listing for
          > them in the 1930
          > census in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana with
          > all 7 of their
          > kids and again
          > in the 1920 census. I need a birth date, death date
          > or anything that
          > might lead me to their parents.I would be so
          > greatful for any
          > assistance anyone might give.:>) tyvm Michele

          > --------------------~-->
          > Toolbar.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/0csqlB/TM

          > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
          > at Ancestry.Com

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://vote.yahoo.com
        • ohmiahere
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 15, 2004
            Thank you so much for taking the time to answer and the suggestions.
            I know they where married in 1909 but not sure if in Indiana or
            Kentucky. Not getting much in results at the different sites around.

            michele

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, linda buss
            <busslinda@y...> wrote:
            > --- ohmiahere <ohmiahere@y...> wrote:
            >
            > ---------------------------------
            >
            > Hi Everyone,
            > I'm new here and also new to genealogy research. I'm
            > looking for
            > more information on my grandparents. Edward Michael
            > Hannigan and
            > Mary Ellen Cooper/Hannigan. I have a listing for them
            > in the 1930
            > census in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana with
            > all 7 of their
            > kids and again
            > in the 1920 census. I need a birth date, death date or
            > anything that
            > might lead me to their parents.I would be so greatful
            > for any
            > assistance anyone might give.:>) tyvm Michele
            >

            > have you tried to get thier marriage certificate it
            > would have their age then you can try searching birth
            > records on line for their state in the year of their
            > birth and then get the birth certificate and that
            > would have the parents names and you can sometimes
            > work backwards from there lots of luck
            >
            > canuckfan1
            >

            > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help at
            > Ancestry.Com

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

            > Terms of Service.

            _
          • ohmiahere
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2004
              -
              -- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Lois Edwards
              <loisedwards1946@y...> wrote:
              > Hi, do you know the names of any of his siblings?
              > Write and let me know. Lois
              > --- ohmiahere <ohmiahere@y...> wrote:
              >

              > > Hi Everyone,
              > > I'm new here and also new to genealogy research. I'm
              > > looking for
              > > more information on my grandparents. Edward Michael
              > > Hannigan and
              > > Mary Ellen Cooper/Hannigan. I have a listing for
              > > them in the 1930
              > > census in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana with
              > > all 7 of their
              > > kids and again
              > > in the 1920 census. I need a birth date, death date
              > > or anything that
              > > might lead me to their parents.I would be so
              > > greatful for any
              > > assistance anyone might give.:>) tyvm Michele

              > > --------------------~-->
              > > Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion
              > > Toolbar.
              > >
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/0csqlB/TM

              -~->

              > > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
              > > at Ancestry.Com

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > > Hi Lois,
              WOW!! I finaly found you message!!!! Thank you very, very much.I
              don't know any of his family and everybody I might ask has passed
              away. I know we are from Ireland for stories when I was little. But
              don't remember the dates or names I need. I had just e-mailed you
              about this James from Louisville Ky. And thats where I was born. I
              think maybe it might be a good start. Thank you again. Michele