Hannigan/Cooper Marion County Indiana

  • ohmiahere
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 8, 2004
      Hi Everyone,
      I'm new here and also new to genealogy research. I'm looking for
      more information on my grandparents. Edward Michael Hannigan and
      Mary Ellen Cooper/Hannigan. I have a listing for them in the 1930
      census in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana with all 7 of their
      kids and again
      in the 1920 census. I need a birth date, death date or anything that
      might lead me to their parents.I would be so greatful for any
      assistance anyone might give.:>) tyvm Michele
    • linda buss
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2004
        --- ohmiahere <ohmiahere@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------

        Hi Everyone,
        I'm new here and also new to genealogy research. I'm
        looking for
        more information on my grandparents. Edward Michael
        Hannigan and
        Mary Ellen Cooper/Hannigan. I have a listing for them
        in the 1930
        census in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana with
        all 7 of their
        kids and again
        in the 1920 census. I need a birth date, death date or
        anything that
        might lead me to their parents.I would be so greatful
        for any
        assistance anyone might give.:>) tyvm Michele

        have you tried to get thier marriage certificate it
        would have their age then you can try searching birth
        records on line for their state in the year of their
        birth and then get the birth certificate and that
        would have the parents names and you can sometimes
        work backwards from there lots of luck

        canuckfan1

        Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help at
        Ancestry.Com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Terms of Service.

      • Lois Edwards
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 9, 2004
          Hi, do you know the names of any of his siblings?
          Write and let me know. Lois

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/0csqlB/TM

          > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
          > at Ancestry.Com

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://vote.yahoo.com
        • Lois Edwards
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 10, 2004
            The 1920 census shows Edward was born Ky and his
            parents were born Ireland. I checked the 1880 Ky
            census and the only Hannigans I saw were in Jefferson
            Ky Louisville. There is a James Hannigan there born
            1843 Ireland. He has a lot of kids including a 1 yr
            old. Since Edward was born 1882, he could belong to
            this man, born after the 1880 census. There is no 1890
            census to see this family in. Edward named a child
            James, this is a good clue. Unless you get a death
            cert, or will for James there is no way to tell if he
            is the one, unless you know the names of Edward's bro
            and sisters. Lois
            --- ohmiahere <ohmiahere@...> wrote:

            > Hi Everyone,
            > I'm new here and also new to genealogy research. I'm
            > looking for
            > more information on my grandparents. Edward Michael
            > Hannigan and
            > Mary Ellen Cooper/Hannigan. I have a listing for
            > them in the 1930
            > census in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana with
            > all 7 of their
            > kids and again
            > in the 1920 census. I need a birth date, death date
            > or anything that
            > might lead me to their parents.I would be so
            > greatful for any
            > assistance anyone might give.:>) tyvm Michele

            > --------------------~-->
            > Toolbar.

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/0csqlB/TM

            > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
            > at Ancestry.Com

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://vote.yahoo.com
          • ohmiahere
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2004
              Thank you so much for taking the time to answer and the suggestions.
              I know they where married in 1909 but not sure if in Indiana or
              Kentucky. Not getting much in results at the different sites around.

              michele

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, linda buss
              <busslinda@y...> wrote:
              > --- ohmiahere <ohmiahere@y...> wrote:
              >
              > ---------------------------------
              >
              > Hi Everyone,
              > I'm new here and also new to genealogy research. I'm
              > looking for
              > more information on my grandparents. Edward Michael
              > Hannigan and
              > Mary Ellen Cooper/Hannigan. I have a listing for them
              > in the 1930
              > census in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana with
              > all 7 of their
              > kids and again
              > in the 1920 census. I need a birth date, death date or
              > anything that
              > might lead me to their parents.I would be so greatful
              > for any
              > assistance anyone might give.:>) tyvm Michele
              >

              > have you tried to get thier marriage certificate it
              > would have their age then you can try searching birth
              > records on line for their state in the year of their
              > birth and then get the birth certificate and that
              > would have the parents names and you can sometimes
              > work backwards from there lots of luck
              >
              > canuckfan1
              >

              > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help at
              > Ancestry.Com

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

              > Terms of Service.

              _
            • ohmiahere
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 15, 2004
                -
                -- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Lois Edwards
                <loisedwards1946@y...> wrote:
                > Hi, do you know the names of any of his siblings?
                > Write and let me know. Lois
                > --- ohmiahere <ohmiahere@y...> wrote:
                >

                > > Hi Everyone,
                > > I'm new here and also new to genealogy research. I'm
                > > looking for
                > > more information on my grandparents. Edward Michael
                > > Hannigan and
                > > Mary Ellen Cooper/Hannigan. I have a listing for
                > > them in the 1930
                > > census in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana with
                > > all 7 of their
                > > kids and again
                > > in the 1920 census. I need a birth date, death date
                > > or anything that
                > > might lead me to their parents.I would be so
                > > greatful for any
                > > assistance anyone might give.:>) tyvm Michele

                > > --------------------~-->
                > > Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion
                > > Toolbar.
                > >
                > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/0csqlB/TM

                -~->

                > > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
                > > at Ancestry.Com

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > > Hi Lois,
                WOW!! I finaly found you message!!!! Thank you very, very much.I
                don't know any of his family and everybody I might ask has passed
                away. I know we are from Ireland for stories when I was little. But
                don't remember the dates or names I need. I had just e-mailed you
                about this James from Louisville Ky. And thats where I was born. I
                think maybe it might be a good start. Thank you again. Michele