Manis Line

  • Cheryl
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2004
      Hi All,
      I have been doing research on my Manis line for a couple of months
      now..I've been able to trace back to my 4th GreatGrandfather;
      William Manis b.abt.1815 TN. he was married to
      Martha Whitten b.1818 Sevier County,TN. d.after1879
      They were married July 5,1838 Murray County,GA.
      They had 3 sons;
      John C.Manis b.May 26,1839 GA. d.Feb 11,1910
      Jesse Manis b.abt.1842(I have no info.on him)
      Owen H.Manis b.Aug.1846 Murray County,GA. d.1910 Whitfield County,GA.

      I have'nt had much luck finding out anything about William,The Manis
      name has sooo many different spellings throughout the years that it
      makes it even more difficult..I sure would appreciate any
      information someone might have..
      Thanks In Advance,
      Cheryl Manis"Mincey"