Resource for a one-name study

  • cribbswh
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi Pauline,
      Are you also doing a one-name study on MERRICK?
      If so, you will find some good information on the Merrick surname at
      http://www.genealogybuff.com/data.htm#Merrick
      I saw some obits for MERRICK for Pennsylvania but they looked recent.
      Bill

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "trailberner"
      <pauline@a...> wrote:
      > MERRICK - THORPE - EGE - MCMANN - DOYLE
      >
      > I've painstakingly put together the following family tree of
      > MERRICK's who lived in Philadelphia. Any additions, corrections or
      > comments greatly appreciated.
      >
      > William Merrick
      > b ?
      > d between 1859 and 1876
      > m before 1856 to Elizabeth -?- (maybe THORPE)
      > Elizabeth b Sept 1835, buried 2/27/1902 Mount Peace cemetery
      >
      > Known children:
      >
      > George, b May 1856/57, m Mary -?- No known children
      > Genevieve, b Dec 1857, m Asher EGE, who was buried 12/3/1891 Mount
      > Peace cemetery. No known children.
      > Harry T. b Dec. 1859, m Prudence -?- (maybe MCMANN), buried
      6/19/1903
      > in Mount Peace cemetery. Prudence buried 6/23/1892 in Mount Peace.
      >
      > Children of Harry T. & Prudence Merrick:
      >
      > Harry Wm, b 9/22/1889, m Ada WING, d 5/21/1947 in Mendon, MA. Was
      in
      > New York City prior to 1916.
      > Genevieve, b Nov 1886, m -?- DOYLE, was living in Hiawatha, NJ in
      > 1947, worked for telephone company in New York city.
      >
      > Harry Wm & Ada WING Merrick were vaudeville perfomers on the
      Pantages
      > circuit, billed as "Holly & Lee". They had one son, Hallet Thorpe
      > Merrick, who was my father-in-law. With so few offspring in this
      > family tree, I'm probably the only person researching it.
      > If you have any tie-ins with the THORPE, MCMANN, DOYLE OR EGE
      > families, I would like to exchange information with you. (WING
      > family is well-researched.)
      >
      > Regards,
      > Pauline Merrick
    • Faye Parker
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        hey that address works for any surname just substitute YOUR surname after the # sign

        Proud member of the IBSSG