Lesser-known MERRICK's in Philadelphia

  • trailberner
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2004
      MERRICK - THORPE - EGE - MCMANN - DOYLE

      I've painstakingly put together the following family tree of
      MERRICK's who lived in Philadelphia. Any additions, corrections or
      comments greatly appreciated.

      William Merrick
      b ?
      d between 1859 and 1876
      m before 1856 to Elizabeth -?- (maybe THORPE)
      Elizabeth b Sept 1835, buried 2/27/1902 Mount Peace cemetery

      Known children:

      George, b May 1856/57, m Mary -?- No known children
      Genevieve, b Dec 1857, m Asher EGE, who was buried 12/3/1891 Mount
      Peace cemetery. No known children.
      Harry T. b Dec. 1859, m Prudence -?- (maybe MCMANN), buried 6/19/1903
      in Mount Peace cemetery. Prudence buried 6/23/1892 in Mount Peace.

      Children of Harry T. & Prudence Merrick:

      Harry Wm, b 9/22/1889, m Ada WING, d 5/21/1947 in Mendon, MA. Was in
      New York City prior to 1916.
      Genevieve, b Nov 1886, m -?- DOYLE, was living in Hiawatha, NJ in
      1947, worked for telephone company in New York city.

      Harry Wm & Ada WING Merrick were vaudeville perfomers on the Pantages
      circuit, billed as "Holly & Lee". They had one son, Hallet Thorpe
      Merrick, who was my father-in-law. With so few offspring in this
      family tree, I'm probably the only person researching it.
      If you have any tie-ins with the THORPE, MCMANN, DOYLE OR EGE
      families, I would like to exchange information with you. (WING
      family is well-researched.)

      Regards,
      Pauline Merrick
    • cribbswh
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        Hi Pauline,
        Are you also doing a one-name study on MERRICK?
        If so, you will find some good information on the Merrick surname at
        http://www.genealogybuff.com/data.htm#Merrick
        I saw some obits for MERRICK for Pennsylvania but they looked recent.
        Bill

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "trailberner"
        <pauline@a...> wrote:
        > MERRICK - THORPE - EGE - MCMANN - DOYLE
        >
        > I've painstakingly put together the following family tree of
        > MERRICK's who lived in Philadelphia. Any additions, corrections or
        > comments greatly appreciated.
        >
        > William Merrick
        > b ?
        > d between 1859 and 1876
        > m before 1856 to Elizabeth -?- (maybe THORPE)
        > Elizabeth b Sept 1835, buried 2/27/1902 Mount Peace cemetery
        >
        > Known children:
        >
        > George, b May 1856/57, m Mary -?- No known children
        > Genevieve, b Dec 1857, m Asher EGE, who was buried 12/3/1891 Mount
        > Peace cemetery. No known children.
        > Harry T. b Dec. 1859, m Prudence -?- (maybe MCMANN), buried
        6/19/1903
        > in Mount Peace cemetery. Prudence buried 6/23/1892 in Mount Peace.
        >
        > Children of Harry T. & Prudence Merrick:
        >
        > Harry Wm, b 9/22/1889, m Ada WING, d 5/21/1947 in Mendon, MA. Was
        in
        > New York City prior to 1916.
        > Genevieve, b Nov 1886, m -?- DOYLE, was living in Hiawatha, NJ in
        > 1947, worked for telephone company in New York city.
        >
        > Harry Wm & Ada WING Merrick were vaudeville perfomers on the
        Pantages
        > circuit, billed as "Holly & Lee". They had one son, Hallet Thorpe
        > Merrick, who was my father-in-law. With so few offspring in this
        > family tree, I'm probably the only person researching it.
        > If you have any tie-ins with the THORPE, MCMANN, DOYLE OR EGE
        > families, I would like to exchange information with you. (WING
        > family is well-researched.)
        >
        > Regards,
        > Pauline Merrick
      • Faye Parker
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
          hey that address works for any surname just substitute YOUR surname after the # sign

          Proud member of the IBSSG