Re: Brick Wall!

  • trailberner
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2004
      Lindsay,

      Do you know her date of birth, or date & place of death? Death
      records often have parent's names. Records of either one of her
      marriages would have parent's names, even the divorce records.
      You may find information in genealogies (recent publication) of Warde
      or Chapman families.
      There are several on-line resources with searchable databases, most
      of them for a fee. Have you been able to locate her in any Census?
      Does anyone in your family have personal letters that were written to
      or by your g-grandmother? Personal belongings?
      Where was your grandfather born? There may be information on her in
      the town records or newspapers.

      Good luck,
      Pauline Merrick
    • Faye Parker
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 22, 2004
        www.genealogybuff.com has several hundred places to search for surnames, cemetery records, census records and more

        Proud member of the IBSSG

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 22, 2004
          california death records state that lauras mothers maiden name was ryan. thats all i could find so far.

          cyndi

        • Cynthia C Badger
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 22, 2004
            this is what is in the california death index.

            WARDE, LAURA FRANCES7 Apr 1959 LOS ANGELES 0 FEMALE 19 Feb 1885 CANADA RYAN

            cyndi

          • sue baker
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 27, 2004
              Faye,
              I would like to thank you for this site. I have found
              some of my family by going there. This is a gem.
              Thanks again.
              Sue Baker

              http://vote.yahoo.com