Introduction - WOODIN, COLE, MERRICK

  • trailberner
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2004
      I recently joined this list - seemed like a good place for
      information, with such a large number of members.

      I live in Worcester County, MA, USA, and can try to help with any
      lookups, graveyard searches, etc in this area if anyone has a need.
      Also, I've researched several lines of my family back to the first
      settlers of Wethersfield, CT, so may be able to help there. Please
      note, tho - I work fulltime, so may not be able to "jump right on it"!

      My "brick walls" that I am looking for help on:

      MERRICK family in Philadelphia, prior to 1880. This is not the well-
      known SV Merricks, but a widow named Elizabeth and her son Harry T.
      that appear on the 1880 census. Elizabeth has been described
      as "widow of William" in some of the Phil. city directories, and is
      buried (along with her son) in Mount Peace cemetery (died 1902 &
      1903, respectively.) I am looking for Elizabeth's maiden name, any
      information about William, and any information about Harry's wife
      Prudence, who died in 1891 in her early 20's.

      George COLE x Martha WOODIN family, lived in Beekman, NY until 1885,
      when they moved to Wolcott, CT. I'm having some success with the
      WOODINs, but can't get a handle on George Cole. I found one note
      from a deceased family member that his father's name was William,
      born in Burbank, NY - I can't locate Burbank, NY, even on the town-
      name-change lists. George is believed to have served in the Civil
      War (Union) - I have a picture of him in uniform, but realize that
      not all such pictures are of actual soldiers. Possibly born in 1844 -
      1846.

      Thanks in advance,
      Pauline Merrick