Re: South Africa Genealogy

  • Sandy
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2004
      Hi Lindy,

      Rootsweb is also a good place for searching. When you pull up the
      site, it gives two search engines. Make sure you use the rootsweb
      search engine. It also gives you the option of searching by surname
      and keyword.

      It also has a link to Cyndi's List there. As well as a page full of
      other usefull links.

      But I don't believe that anyone can beat Cyndi's List for the amount
      of usefull links.

      I have been able to find others researching some of my family lines
      thru this site.

      sandy

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, k <notjomama2000@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Lindy,
      >
      > I always start at http://www.cyndislist.com/
      > Good luck!
      >

      > > Now my Son has shown interested in tracing his late
      > > fathers line. He
      > > comes from South Africa.......
      > >
      > > I was wondering if anyone knew of a site on the web
      > > that can be used
      > > for South Africa....?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Lindy

      > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Lindy Kershaw
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2004
        >Hi Lindy,
        >
        >Rootsweb is also a good place for searching. When you pull up the
        >site, it gives two search engines. Make sure you use the rootsweb
        >search engine. It also gives you the option of searching by surname
        >and keyword.
        >
        >It also has a link to Cyndi's List there. As well as a page full of
        >other usefull links.
        >
        >But I don't believe that anyone can beat Cyndi's List for the amount
        >of usefull links.
        >
        >I have been able to find others researching some of my family lines
        >thru this site.
        >
        >sandy

        Thanks Sandy,

        I will give it a go:-)