Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Digest Number 434

  • Bambi Chapman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2004
      Your grandpa may not have been using his real name. I ran into a brick wall trying to figure out where my great great grandma and my great great great grandpa. I have basically given up for now.

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. missing grandfather
      From: "Terry Mitchell"

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 03:19:43 -0000
      From: "Terry Mitchell"
      Subject: missing grandfather

      Hello . I'm new to this so please bear with me.I am having the worst
      time finding my mothers father. there seems to be no trace of him
      ever existing. His name was Chester Mitchell and he had 12 brothers
      and one sister. The only people who knows anything about him are
      dead. It now seems that the story of his demise might have been
      wrong. I can no record of his death or birth. I have a picture of him
      in a U.S. Marine uniform, and I was told the VFW burried him. but
      there is no body burried where he is supposed to be. He was raised
      aroundsouth Arkansas and north Louisiana. I know this man existed,
      but there is no proof of it. Can anyone tell me where to go?

      Bambi
      mommy to
      Kaden ^i^
      Cody 6