Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Digest Number 430

  • BusnsCoach@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2004
      Hi Dianne,

      If your relatives are in the US, I like
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/ussearch.htm
      You can enter search info there including the ability to group things with
      (), "", and, or. There are some directions to help you with the search. You
      might also check http://www.familytrackers.com You can enter and save very
      specific searches there. The advantage is that you don't have to go back and check
      on your searches. They will notify you when your search matches something -
      another genealogist, a public record, any other info on the site.

      Gene
      In a message dated 7/9/04 10:50:06 AM, genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com

      << 1. genealogy research
      From: Dianne <silvertipgrizz@...>
      2. Re: genealogy research
      From: Faye Parker <fairplay51@...>
      3. Re: genealogy research
      From: Leslie Johnson <rockslove4ever2002@...>
      4. Re: genealogy research
      From: Ruth Clements <sashawolfwalker2000@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 06:18:42 -0800
      From: Dianne <silvertipgrizz@...>
      Subject: genealogy research

      Hi, I am a new subber and would like to introduce myself.

      I am Dianne and live in Ak and am actively researching for 3 families,
      including my own. I have lots to learn and would like the support of others doing
      the same thing
      as the search can often be frustrating. for example: every time i think i
      am close to info the various web sites pop up and tell you how much it cost to
      sub to acquire the info i am looking for. problem is, i don't know which
      resources supply what info as well as which ones might be on the "best to sub to"
      list. Also, I have no trouble finding Cherokee links but can't begin to find
      the right Chippewa info sites.

      Any help and commraderie is much appreciated,
      Dianne >>