another wall

  • tfw4321
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2004
      maybe someone can help on this one. William Francis White was born
      in Chicago 1878. He married Orpha Pearl Worley. She was born in
      Nebraska. They both died in California. They Had a daughter
      Winifred White that was born in 1909. Where ... no clue. also died
      in California. Winifred married Donald Kirk Tiff, and had a
      daughter, Anne Heather Tiff born in Missouri in 1935.
      This is all I know. The question is where was this family, between
      1900 and 1940? Were there other children? Does anyone out there have
      access to 1930 census or marraige records in Missouri. Any help or
      ideas would help.
      thornton
    • bward282002
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2004
        After doing some backtracking, this is what I found through
        Ancestry.com...

        William F. White
        4-WD Kansas,Jackson,Missouri
        age 31
        Est. Birth Year - 1878
        Birthplace - Illinois
        Race - White
        Gender - Male
        Year - 1910
        Series- T624
        Roll - 788
        Part - 2
        Page -26B
        Year - 1910 (Federal Census)

        I haven't found the actual page for this entry, due to changes in
        the numbers of the Wards and areas of the city.

        1920 Federal Census dated 12 Jan 1920

        Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri (Montgall Avenue)

        White, William F Head age 41 b. Illinois Manager Heating Co.
        Orfa P. Wife age 41 b. Nebraska
        Winifred M. daughter age 10

        Roll T626_929
        Enumeration District - 121
        Page 2A
        Image 0379

        William's parents were born in Ireland.
        Orfa's parents were born in Ohio and Illinois.

        1930 Federal Census Dated April 1930
        Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California N. Oakhurst Drive

        White, William F. Head age 51 b. Illinois Manager Water Heater Mfg.
        Pearl O. Wife age 52 b. Nebraska
        Winifred M. daughter age 20 born Missouri

        Roll T626_124
        Page 5B
        Enumeration District - 823
        Image 0284

        1930 Federal Census Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri

        Tiff - James J. Head age 48 born Kansas
        Eva Wife age 47 born Kansas
        Donald K. Son age 19 born Nebraska
        Max W. Son age 17 born Nebraska

        Roll T626_1203
        Page 22A
        ED - 236
        Image - 0591

        I hope this helps you out. Good luck with the rest of the search.
        Brenda

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, tfw4321
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > maybe someone can help on this one. William Francis White was born
        > in Chicago 1878. He married Orpha Pearl Worley. She was born in
        > Nebraska. They both died in California. They Had a daughter
        > Winifred White that was born in 1909. Where ... no clue. also died
        > in California. Winifred married Donald Kirk Tiff, and had a
        > daughter, Anne Heather Tiff born in Missouri in 1935.
        > This is all I know. The question is where was this family, between
        > 1900 and 1940? Were there other children? Does anyone out there
        have
        > access to 1930 census or marraige records in Missouri. Any help or
        > ideas would help.
        > thornton
      • bward282002
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2004
          I also found in the SS Death Index a Donald K. Tiff b. 7 Sep 1910
          d.23 Sep 1998 Last Known Residence Denver, Denver, Colorado
          SS# 499-10-0031 Issued Missouri before 1951

          I didn't find anything else on them. Brenda