HANNAN/HANNON, BUTLER (OH)

  • Tracing Footprints
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2004
      Hello-

      I have Lawrence County (OH) family that are my genealogical brick wall. I have two photos taken in (what I'm told is) Ironton, Ohio at a cemetery where my HANNAN relatives are buried. I have them posted online (may take a bit to load):
      http://www.tracingfootprints.com/ironton/

      I would like to contact the cemetery for further information, but have no idea which one it is. If you can identify it, please let me know. It's possible that the people buried at this location, with this gravestone, were Edward James and Ellen (Butler) HANNAN (sometimes misspelled HANAN), but that's another thing I'd really like to find out.

      Here's the information I know:
      Ellen Butler married Edward James Hannon in Ironton on 21 Feb 1871. I do not know if they were born in Ohio, muchless Ironton. I believe he died in 1899 and she in 1898, but have not found proof of that. Many of their children were born in Ironton (one was baptised at St. Lawrence Church in Ironton. They eventually moved to Cleveland, where at least some of their children ended up in an orphanage after their deaths, however, I'm unsure whether they died in Ironton, Cleveland, or somewhere else.

      Any help would be such a blessing!

    • Krista Braaten
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2004
        Hi,
        I do not know if this will help, but try looking up information at the rutherford b. hayes obit index. http://index.rbhayes.org/ That is where I found obituries for my family, now I Could not read them and would have to find them but at least you would get more concrete information. Hope that helps,
        Krista