Brick Wall about Opal Louise Davis

  • debrahawley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2004
      Hello, My name is Debbie Hawley and I'm looking for my paternal
      grandmother, Opal Louise Davis. I'm hitting a big brick wall. Here
      is what I know. She was born in 1911. She was 22 when gave birth to my
      dad on 1/1/34 at the Willows in Kansas City Missouri and gave him up
      for adoption. I know her first and/or middle name was Opal Louise. I
      believer her last name to be Davis because my dad was originally named
      Robert Davis. It is my understanding that they would use the mother's
      last name if the baby was given one. I know she had two married
      sisters at the time of my father's birth and her father had owned his
      farm for over 25 years. I haven't had any luck with census reports
      either. She worked for a telephone company (I believe in Kansas City
      since an Opal Davis appears in the Kansas City directory for 1934). My
      paternal grandfather was only 17 at the time and still in high school.
      I have no other info on him.

      Let me say to anyone who may worry about me looking into the adoption
      of my dad. I do NOT want to cause my grandmother (if still living)
      any grief. I greatly admire her ability and sacrifice to give my dad
      up for adoption, after all she could have had an abortion and then I
      wouldn't be here. I only want to know my roots. I do know they were
      of German decent.