New member

  • capnkirk_93591
    Message 1 of 17 , May 9, 2004
      Hi, my name is Kirk Nitz and here are the lines I am working on:

      Germany

      Nitz
      Beyer/Beier
      Strehlau
      Gnese or Gneiser

      New Zealand

      Reading

      England

      Reading
      Phillips
      Henry Adams, London

      Denmark

      Swaner/Svane
      Lautitsdatter
      Lausten
      Heinsen
      Jacobsen

      Sweden

      Hogberg/Hughberg
      Sitterberg

      Slovak Republic

      Kakara
      Andzrisko/Dzuresko
      Banas

      California

      Dinsmore

      If anyone is working on these lines, please let me know
    • Angela Scott
      Message 2 of 17 , May 28, 2004
        Hello everyone!

        I'm new to this group. I'm researching the surname Barnhart. My father is Robert Delno Barnhart, born 7-31-39 in Circleville Ohio married Sandra Kay Mathias in 1965. Currently married to Dianna Alexander and lives in CT. I am the eldest of 6 children, 3 he had with Sandra and 3 he has had with Dianna. His father is Hugh Barnhart born on March 26, 1900 who was married to Martha Belle Baker. His father was Franklin Barnhart. Most of my information has come courtsey of KJ Jones on another website, without her help, I would not have know that my grandfather even had brothers and sisters. If anyone else out there is related, please feel free to contact me.

        Thanks!
        Angela

      • anne851428
        Message 3 of 17 , May 8, 2005
          Hi

          I am interested in researching my family history and would like to
          start with

          HEALEY from Killkenny Southern Ireland

          Anyone have any tips where to start?

          Regards Anne
        • Clark & Rita Pederson
          Message 4 of 17 , May 9, 2005
            Anne:

            You need to find out as much as you can about them in the US before you try
            Ireland. Census records, immigration records and naturalization records
            might help get you information on a village name in Ireland. Knowing their
            religion would also be helpful. I have all of this and I'm still having
            difficulties as many Irish were not very forth coming with information
            about their past.

            Rita

            _____

            I am interested in researching my family history and would like to
            start with

            HEALEY from Killkenny Southern Ireland

            Anyone have any tips where to start?

            Regards Anne

            http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
            <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>
            &siteid=18621718

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            be>

          • Tammy Jernigan
            Message 5 of 17 , May 10, 2005
              Hi Ann,
              Do you have any dates,siblings or anymore info for research.

              TAMMY JERNIGAN

              __________________________________
              Yahoo! Mail Mobile
              http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
            • walter swan
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 27, 2005
                Hello
                My name is Bud Swan, and I am researching the surname :Swan, Petersdorf, Judd, Blakesley, and more to be added at another day.

                Thank You

              • Rhonda
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 27, 2005
                  Hello there, I am Rhonda from NC. I am new to the group and really not sure how to jump into the group so will start with hello and my names.
                  I am working on Boles, Carden, Tuttle, Westmoreland, Love, Wilson, Griffin and more.
                  I am Rhonda Newsom, 35. Married w/no children except my 120 lb 4 legged baby! Goliath, he is a Great Dane. Hubby and I will celebrate 18yrs Jan 9, 2006. I am a RN here in NC and love scrapbooking, travel, read, photography, genealogy and being on-line.
                  Happy Digging!
                  Rhonda

                • runningdeer1011@webtv.net
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 27, 2005
                    Welcome Rhonda.Are you related to the late Gen. Westmoreland?
                    Robert
                  • George
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 28, 2005
                      Ronda are your Griffin's from PA.By any chance --- In
                      genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Rhonda"
                      <huntingforclues@g...> wrote:

                      > Hello there, I am Rhonda from NC. I am new to the group and
                      really not sure how to jump into the group so will start with hello
                      and my names.
                      > I am working on Boles, Carden, Tuttle, Westmoreland, Love, Wilson,
                      Griffin and more.
                      > I am Rhonda Newsom, 35. Married w/no children except my 120 lb 4
                      legged baby! Goliath, he is a Great Dane. Hubby and I will
                      celebrate 18yrs Jan 9, 2006. I am a RN here in NC and love
                      scrapbooking, travel, read, photography, genealogy and being on-line.
                      > Happy Digging!
                      > Rhonda

                    • Rhonda
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 28, 2005
                        I don't know, I am just starting :)
                        Welcome Rhonda.Are you related to the late Gen. Westmoreland?
                        Robert

                        Genealogy research Genealogy family tree Genealogy information

                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 12, 2009
                          Searching : Morris - Breathitt and Perry county Kentucky.
                          Mcdaniel - Breathitt and Perry County Kentucky.
                          Harding - Jackson and Madison county Kentucky, also Big Hill area near berea, ky.
                          Dailey - Jackson county Ky and maybe berea
                        • janfrank.coupland
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 16, 2010
                            Hello everyone,
                            Iam searching for in formation on SANDERSON family who were in CORNFORTH,County Durham in the 1870's.William and Sarah and their sons Robert ,George,and James who died at a few days old,he was Georges twin.Was there anymore family?
                            Many thanks Jan
                          • godale13@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 14 11:58 AM
                              I am a new member and am hoping this group will help me out with my
                              genelogical research. I have been researching avidly since 2003 and have
                              extended my family line quite a ways, but there a still a few lines that I
                              have had trouble on. I will try to give you a quick run down of my family
                              lines and what I know of them (off of the top my head as I do not have the
                              information at hand at this moment).

                              On my father's side I have surnames of Ragsdale, Atkins, Rebman, Sickling,
                              Mizell, Caldwell, and others I cannot remember off the top of my head. The
                              Ragsdales I have traced back to Godfrey Ragsdale who came to VA somewhere
                              between 1620 and 1644 when the story is his whole family (except a baby boy)
                              were killed in the indian attack of that year. The family went from VA, to
                              NC (maybe), to TN/KY to IL.

                              The Sicklings we have traced back to George Sickling and Katheryn Bernstein
                              (sp?) Who came to the US in the 1850s from Germany, They ended up in
                              Pulaski/Johnson/Union counties IL but I have not found where they came to
                              the US for sure.

                              The Mizells we have had a little bit of problems with. At one time we
                              believed we had traced the family back to a Luke Mizell/Measle who came to
                              VA in the 1600s as an indentured servant. Yet there seems to now be a
                              possibility of another group of Mizells coming to NC about the same time
                              Lukes family moved there, so we have not figured out for sure which line we
                              are descended from. This family we have in VA/NC (depending on the line), to
                              TN, KY, and then IL.

                              The Caldwell family I have been unable to get past my gggggrandparents: John
                              C and Martha (Pittman) Caldwell. They were married in Calloway County KY or
                              Williamson County IL. They had atleast a son and daughter (maybe more but I
                              can't remember for sure). Their daughter was California Monterey Caldwell
                              and married John Mizell. Family stories has it that Callie was part Indian
                              and that her mother (Martha) was wither half or fullblooded. We have been
                              unable to find anything more about this.

                              On my mother's side we have the surnames of Stubblefield, Johnson, Parker,
                              Little, Copeland, Ewart, Astin, Hutton, Campbell, Bunker, Stump, and some
                              others. This is the side that I have had many troubles with.

                              The Stubblefields I only recently found a line back to England. The first
                              Stubblefield came to Gloucester Co, Va, then they went to Rockingham Co Va,
                              then to Calloway Co KY, and then my line moved to Massac Co, IL.

                              The Copeland/Little/Parker family is all one line of my family. David
                              Copeland and his son William and family came to VA from Ireland in the
                              1700s. William and his family moved to TN where his daughter (Sara/Sally)
                              married Robert Little (I know nothing bout him other than he was from NC and
                              was a veteran). The family then moved to Johnson/Massac county IL before
                              1818. Robert and Sara's daughter Jane married William Parker (who later
                              married her sister Martha/Patsy). I know nothing about him other than family
                              stories of him being a drunk and gambler that made frequent trips on his
                              flatboat to New Orleans. On one of these trips he disappeared while his boat
                              was being pulled by a barge.

                              My ggrandfather Parker married a Sadie/Sally Ewart from New Jersey. This is
                              on of the sad stories of my family. Sadie came to Massac County, IL to care
                              for her ill aunt (Mrs Cigar Jones) in the 1890s. When her aunt died, Sadie
                              returned to NJ. However Tom Parker followed her back there and the two were
                              married in 1897 (I believe). The couple had a daughter Mary on December 26,
                              1899, and Sadie died the following February from complications. Tom would
                              later marry Josie Berlingame, but they said he never was happy again. He
                              only married her to care for Mary.

                              I have some information on the Ewarts but it only goes back a couple
                              generations from Sadie.

                              The Astin family I have drawn a blank on. My great grandfather was Roland
                              Astin. His parents were William and Medora Smith (of whom I know nothing
                              besides her parents were John O Smith and Rebecca Galman). Williams parents
                              were George and Louisa (Johnson). I have been unable to find much about
                              George. I know that he was in the Civil War and his name was spelled Austin
                              instead of Astin. I have also seen it spelled Aston. I think his parents,
                              may be Walter/walker and Rutha, but I am unsure.

                              The Bunkers, Stumps, and Campbells I do not know much about. I only go back
                              a couple generations on them. If you know anything about them I will be
                              happy to give you the names that I do have.

                              One of the biggest mysteries that I have had in my genealogical research
                              comes from the Johnson family. Three branches of my mother's side comes from
                              this family but I have been unable to find anything. Here is what I have:
                              Thomas and Lavina Johnson are in Massac County IL in the 1850 census. They
                              already have one daughter, and maybe a son. The daughter is Laura (who
                              married Andrew B. Campbell. They are my 4th great grandparents.). She was
                              actually a Cherokee Indian who came to IL with the Trail of Tears and was
                              adopted by Thomas and Lavina. She was only five or six at the time. The son
                              was George Johnson (who married Cordelia Manley whose daughter Lucy married
                              Charlie Stubblefield my 2nd great grandparents). Thomas and Lavina Johnson
                              has another daughter

                              Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless