I am not really looking for anyone in my family tree.

  • Shawn McCalla
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2004
      Within our family, Our Tree is known. From who immigrated in the
      1880's and from where they immigrated, and perhaps some of the
      reasoning as to why they immigrated. I have a second cousin Twice
      removed( meaning that it is a cousin of my great grandfather), Who
      has a detailed version of the family history and tree. I have a
      printout of it. But the thing that bothers me is that there are no
      ancestors listed that I know of that were distinctly Irish or
      Scotch or English. The only listing is the Ancestor who ended up
      emigrating in the 1880's. As a matter of fact now that I think of it
      that ancestor had to have been Married in Ireland... I am
      concerned, I have no direct relatives in Ireland, unlike My second
      cousin twice removed. Who happens to be in his 70's. His half of the
      family is fine... however I feel our half is a bit deluded about any
      Irish ancestry and really about the fact that it is 2004. I
      personally would like to know of any ancestors that did not
      immigrate from the United Kingdom. I am unsure How to find out about
      any that are not related to my Cousin. Its obvious in the tree how
      they are related to him and the were not direct descendants of the
      Emigree, in the 1880's. Through Philadelphia. Suggestions would be
      welcome! I am not directly aware of Irish/ English history of that
      time period. So films like Michael Collins really don't seem to be
      very significant in my understanding of anything regarding my
      ancestry. Should they be significant?!!