Re: [Genealogy Research Club] internet access to genealogy research

  • Cynthia C Badger
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22, 2004
      when i first started i used rootsweb quite often. most of their stuff is free and is a good place to start. i now subscribe to ancestry.com and onegreatfamily.com. they have been great resources for me.here are the links if you are interested.

      www.onegreatfamily.com
      www.rootsweb.com
      www.ancestry.com

    • Forrest G Plumstead
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 22, 2004
        On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 06:32:51 -0700 (PDT) J Mull <texjjquilts@...>
        writes:
        I am new to researching on the internet. I keep running into dead
        ends-you have to belong to ancestry.com, or half a dozen other such
        things. Can anyone tell me which one if any I should join. Which
        one has more information & etc.?

        thanks JJ

        Hi JJ!

        Actually there is plenty out there that is free. Click on the link below.
        From the main menu click on New to Genealogy whick has links to free
        services.

        Forrest G. Plumstead
        Plumstead and Associated Families
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum
        Researching: Plumstead, Risser, Schroeder, Senne
        Quaker Families: Hobson, Heald, Hollingsworth, Mendenhall,
        Olmstead,Potts, Ross, Watt

        Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!