Re: RUGER, SCHONEBERG, BRACHT, REYNOLDS of Nebraska

  • Lois Fales- Robacker
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Urban"
      <iamllu@y...> wrote:
      > Searching for any information concerning those mentioned
      > surnames for the following individuals. Thank you for any
      > information you may be able to provide. I have had problems
      getting
      > information from family members of my husbands. Seems they want to
      > be the "caretakers" and not willing to share any of it...so I am
      > taking the bull by the horns and doing my own search.
      >
      > Jacob (Jake) RUGER (1857-1937) formerly of Keya Paya and Cedar
      > Counties of NE. Was told he was a stowaway on a ship from Germany.
      > Do not have any information concerning his parents or where he
      came
      > from except that he was born in Russia. First wife, Minnie (maiden
      > name and dates unknown) died either during or after childbirth
      with
      > daughter Cora. Then married a Laura M. (01/19/1873-1972), maiden
      > name unknown and had 5 more children. Both died and buried in
      > Coleridge, NE.
      >
      > Joseph BRACHT (04/12/1864-12/27/1937)married to Franziska
      SCHONEBERG
      > (12/26/1873-12/11/1924) and had 8 children. Settled in the
      > Hartington, NE area where both are buried. Have no knowledge of
      > either parents or background. Franziska came to USA aboard SS
      > Southwark arriving in NY on 09/23/1896 with intended destination
      of
      > Hartington, NE. Knowledge of only 4 of their children.
      >
      > Franz SCHONEBERG, headstone found in a Hartington Cemetary with
      > following dates 01/26/1839-09/10/1906. Would like to know if this
      > man is related to Franziska? Any information would be helpful.
      >
      > Daughter of Jacob/Minnie RURGER named Cora (1888-3/1969) married a
      > Bert Rubin REYNOLDS (1880-?)having around 10 children including a
      > daughter named Pearl May born in Crofton, NE. Settled around
      > Neligh, NE. I was told that Bert was a law officer. Have no
      > knowledge of other children names or dates.
      >
      > Thanks again for any help you may be able to provide.

      Is it possible the your Ruger could also be spelt Rueger.
    • Linda Lou
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2004
        Lois, Possibly but all I have found has been Ruger. Are you
        referring to prior to Jacob Ruger coming to the USA? I'd love to
        find out. In-law's just moved and waiting for house to be built so
        a copy of a letter that was written by Jacob to his family is packed
        away. Whenever they get settled I will have that in my hands and
        will know more about where he came from and the spelling.
        Thanks, Linda
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Lois Fales- Robacker"