Johanna Bosman- Cecilia Bosman-Herman Bosman- Marie Bosman

  • antonmusquetier
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2004
      Dear relatives!

      My name is Anton Musquetier and I live in The Netherlands.

      My hobby is genealogy and currently I am tracing the descendents of
      Maria Catharina Bosman, born 17-12-1858 (December 17th, 1858) in The
      Hague, The Netherlands. Maria Catharina married Englebert Lodewijk
      Musquetier (one of my ancestors) in The Hague and divorced him on 26-
      02-1901 (February 26th, 1901) also in The Hague.

      According to the parish register she departed for America taking her
      4 children along.

      Maria Catharina was a daughter of Hendrik Willem Frederik Bosman and
      Maria Brinkman and I have been able to discover her ancestry to as
      early as 1682.

      Her children were all born in Amsterdam: Maria Catharina in 1882,
      Engelbert Lodewijk in 1883, Hendrika Petronella in 1885 and Johanna
      Geertruide in 1886. These children were registered at birth with the
      family name Musquetier, however, according to family stories, they
      changed their name to Bosman in the USA.

      If they changed their last name, they could easily have changed their
      first names.

      Date of Departure: March 24, 1898 Port of Departure: Rotterdam
      Vessel: SS Rotterdam

      Date of Arrival: April 03, 1898 Port of Arrival: New York, USA

      1. Marie Bosman (female) Line 24: Age 38; married;
      born Holland; last residence The Hague;
      final destination
      in USA - Commack, New York; meeting husband
      E. Bosman in
      Commack, New York

      2. Marie Bosman (female) Line 25: Age 14; born Holland
      3. Herman Bosman (male) Line 26: Age 13; born Holland
      4. Cecilia Bosman (female) Line 27: Age 11; born Holland
      5. Johanna Bosman (female) Line 28; Age 10; born Holland
      Does the above sound familiar to you? I mentioned the full names of
      the children hoping that they might have become a tradition in your
      family, maybe even Anglicized. If you are a descendent, I would
      appreciate very much if you could

      e-mail me at musquetier@... – Not only did I trace the ancestors
      of Bosman till 1682 but also the ones of Musquetiers back to 1495.

      Warm regards,

      Anton Musquetier.