Printing off Family Tree

  • elcie42
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2004
      I wonder if someone can help me with my problem. I have F T M
      version 7 and decided to print off my family tree. I selected book
      and selected which pages to print off - but unfortunately I selected
      Timeline and - you guessed it - it just went on and on for hours.
      Eventually I cancelled the print job so have 22 pages left not done
      in the time line. Does anyone have any knowledge of Family Tree
      Maker Software? I was also not sure where to start - I picked the
      oldest ancestor I could find in my family line and came forward from
      there. The decendent line only goes for 2 generations and I cannot
      understand why? It should have gone right thru to my children and
      grandchildren I thought? I am such a novice at this but want to get
      the tree down on paper so I do not have to crank up the computer each
      time I want to view something. Anyone that can help me I would
      really appreciate some help. The book that came with the software is
      so confusing - it gives too many options and I get lost before I go
      anywhere. Waiting and hoping..... Elcie in NZ
    • Pat
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2004
        Elcie,
        I have FTM version 5, but assume it is similar to your newer version.
        What you need to choose is "Genealogy report" for a complete print
        out of your tree. Click "Contents" in your menu and choose the
        number of generations you wish to have included. If you just want
        an outline for quick reference, go to "View" on the menu &
        choose "outline Descendant Chart". Again to to "Contents" and choose
        the options available.
        Hope this helps!
        Pat in Iowa

        -