CULBERTSON

  • jaglass4
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2004
      I am looking for information on, my g-g grandmother, Mary Emily
      CULBERTSON'S biological family, as well as her adoptive family. All
      I know is that she was adopted in Cincinnati, Ohio as a baby by a
      wealthy family who already had a son, Andrew, probably in his teens,
      and a daughter, Amanda, about 4 or 5 years old. Mary's birthdate is
      January 16, 1852. Mary may have had a natural sister that was not
      adopted by the CULBERTSONS, but was possibly named Sarah. I'm
      assuming that Mary was her natural name. When Mary was about 8 years
      old, the CULBERTSONS migrated to California, where they met with hard
      times. Mary was then sent to live with the HOOD family who
      eventually migrated to Oregon. There is no indication that she was
      adopted by the Hoods. At the age of 14, in 1866, she married my
      Great, Great Grandfather Joseph TESHERA.