Civil War: Inman's Hollow?

  • Lora Nix
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2004
      Any Civil War buffs here? I am trying to locate Inman's Hollow in
      Missouri; a Civil War skirmish took place there on 7 July 1862.

      My husband's family legend has it that a Jefferson Inman was shot to
      death by one side for admitting that he fed the other side (not sure
      which is which). I am looking for information about either event,
      hoping to maybe tie the two together. Jefferson Inman is listed
      with his wife, Maria, and children, Mordecai, James and Nancy, in
      the 1860 Census. They were living in Wright County Missouri. In
      1870, Maria and the children are listed in Arkansas living with
      Maria's father. The family story is that they moved to Arkansas
      after Jefferson's death. Mordecai, who was 12 in 1860, supposedly
      knew one of the men who was responsible for his father's death. He
      refused to go back to Missouri because he said if he saw the man he
      would want to kill him and that he didn't want to kill anybody.

      If you have ANY information, or suggestions where to look, I would
      be very grateful.

      Lora Nix
      loranix@...