Lunsford/Lunceford - VA, NC, KY

  • p_s_whalen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hello,
      One of my Brick Walls is Daniel Lunsford/Lunceford (possibly
      B.1815ish in VA or NC) - last noted in Kentucky prior to the 1850
      census with family Nancy Foster Lunsford and children. On the 1850
      census Nacy and a couple of children are living with Benjamin
      Lunsford and family. Benjamin was a hatmaker in NC prior to appearing
      in the KY 1850 census. It is possible that Benjamin and Daniel were
      siblings or that Daniel was Benjamin's son. Stories go many
      directions on this - two popular stories are: 1) Daniel was away in
      the military when the census was taken, left to fight for the CSA and
      was killed at some point 2) Daniel left his family to travel into the
      west and never returned. Neither of these stories have been proven or
      disproven.
      Pam Lunsford Whalen