Bell - Scotland and IL

  • Karla Casper-Jennings
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
      Looking for ancestry of James Bell and Mary Lemon. Both were born in Johnston, Scotland in 1805/07 and died in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois in 1884/86. I have names of their parents but cannot find any further information. Any help would be appreciated.

      Our genaalogy website is: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/historian

      Val John Jennings
      Karla Casper-Jennings
      Norfolk, VA

    • stdundas
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
        -Searching for John Easter born 1857 later married to Sara Shaffer
        they lived in or near Dawson,Pa.
      • angelpics731
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
          Hi Tina

          This sounds like a good idea to me. My brick wall is my great
          grandfather, (Al)Burt David McIalwain, born Aug. 16, 1862 in Wausau,
          Michigan. Died Aug. 1939 in Hilda, MIssouri. I can not find his
          parents names. A cousin sent to Michigan twice for his birth
          certificate but did not receive an answer, so I have not tried.
          Thanks for any help that I can get.
          Sincerely
          Lucille Smith
        • jimb2owny
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
            Hi Searching for ancestors of Mary Eliza "Coggins" Fortwengler as
            remembered by the family but written as Kattan or Kathen or Kathin on
            the birth certificates of two of her children. b. abt Oct 23,1851 in
            Nyack or Tarrytown, NY Father is possibly Henry, Mother possibly
            Delia Rand
          • Richard DelSol
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 2, 2004
              OK, Here is my brick wall.
              Adolphe DELSOL, b, 1884, Decazeville France
              d, 1933, San Francisco California,
              Supposedly buried in Potters Field.
              Any information or leads helpful.

              Thanks a Million and Happy Hunting

              Trogg97051

              E Mail:Trogg97051@...
            • wa2869
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 2, 2004
                My great-great grandfather, Johann Schlegel, was born 16 Oct 1815 in
                Germany and died 8 Aug 1878 in Chillicothe, OH. He married Augusta
                Amelia Bach 26 Nov 1844. Looking for information regarding his
                specific German origins.
                -Bob-
              • semar8
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 14, 2004
                  The Brick wall is Clayton Henry Barnett. He was born on Prince
                  Edward Island about 1911 but, his birth is said to have been
                  registered in Maine. He raised his many children in Caribou, Maine.
                  The oldest child is Shirley Elizabeth Barnett born 8 Feb 1935.

                  > Happy New Year to everyone. As we are embarking on this new year
                  > and many of us, new resolutions, I wanted to try something new here.
                  >
                  > I would like for everyone to post one of their brick walls. Now
                  > before we start flying with the emails, I have a few guidelines.
                  >
                  > Do not post all the surnames you are researching. Just focus on
                  > one!!
                  >
                  > All messages must include the surname and hopefully the given name
                  > along with the approximate dates of the ancestor and the location.
                  >
                  > I will be moderating all the messages and if they do not include
                  > these I will not post them. It does no one any good to have
                  generic
                  > surnames floating around without any references. This means that I
                  > will be reading each message before it is posted to the group so
                  > please be patient with me on approving the messages and only send
                  it
                  > once.
                  >
                  > Hopefully this year will be a great genealogical New Year for
                  > everyone!!
                  >
                  > Tina
                  > TolkSteel
                  > List Admin
                • Judy James
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 14, 2004
                    William Francis Ruby --b. Nebraska ,1871 or 1874 / d. Pocatello, Idaho , 2-28-1940

                    marr. Annie Hill

                    In 1920 they live in Ogden City, Weber County, Utah with 5 of children.
                    work on Railroad, as a Machinist

                    tolksteel@... wrote: Happy New Year to everyone. As we are embarking on this new year
[...]

                    List Admin

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    To visit your group on the web, go to:

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    You have a great day!

                  • clabk2000
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 23, 2004
                      I have a Sarah Agnes Schaffer in my line who was b.1890 and lived in
                      Nuremberg, PA.

                      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, stdundas