Newhouse - Canada

  • l.monette@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      You asked for a brick wall in research and so I will give you one of mine.My
      great grandmother was Philomen (Newhouse) Monette who immagrated from Canada
      to my present farm in 1872 with 9 children including my grandfather. Her
      husband Arthur Monette disappeared, possibly killed in lumbering accident.
      Philomen paid taxes on the farm for a few years and then married a Peter
      Pillary and I can't find anything further on either of them. The birck wall
      is that in the local cemetery there is a tombstone with death date of 1876
      but I have a marriage license showing the marriage to Peter Pillary in 1879.
      When did she really die and where is she really buried.
      Thanks
      Lyle Monette