Great Idea for the New Year

  • tolksteel@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
      Happy New Year to everyone. As we are embarking on this new year
      and many of us, new resolutions, I wanted to try something new here.

      I would like for everyone to post one of their brick walls. Now
      before we start flying with the emails, I have a few guidelines.

      Do not post all the surnames you are researching. Just focus on
      one!!

      All messages must include the surname and hopefully the given name
      along with the approximate dates of the ancestor and the location.

      I will be moderating all the messages and if they do not include
      these I will not post them. It does no one any good to have generic
      surnames floating around without any references. This means that I
      will be reading each message before it is posted to the group so
      please be patient with me on approving the messages and only send it
      once.

      Hopefully this year will be a great genealogical New Year for
      everyone!!

      Tina
      TolkSteel
      List Admin
    • spludunker
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
        I am searching for GEORGE MEDLEY, --- Year of birth 1858 Year of
        death is approx. 1910. He married Emma Lovewell in Mound City Kansas
        on 12/24/1883 My granmother, his daughter was born in Pleasanton,
        Kansas on 7/15/1893 Her name was Grace May Medley.
      • Karla Casper-Jennings
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
          Looking for ancestry of James Bell and Mary Lemon. Both were born in Johnston, Scotland in 1805/07 and died in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois in 1884/86. I have names of their parents but cannot find any further information. Any help would be appreciated.

          Our genaalogy website is: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/historian

          Val John Jennings
          Karla Casper-Jennings
          Norfolk, VA

        • stdundas
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
            -Searching for John Easter born 1857 later married to Sara Shaffer
            they lived in or near Dawson,Pa.
          • angelpics731
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
              Hi Tina

              This sounds like a good idea to me. My brick wall is my great
              grandfather, (Al)Burt David McIalwain, born Aug. 16, 1862 in Wausau,
              Michigan. Died Aug. 1939 in Hilda, MIssouri. I can not find his
              parents names. A cousin sent to Michigan twice for his birth
              certificate but did not receive an answer, so I have not tried.
              Thanks for any help that I can get.
              Sincerely
              Lucille Smith
            • jimb2owny
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
                Hi Searching for ancestors of Mary Eliza "Coggins" Fortwengler as
                remembered by the family but written as Kattan or Kathen or Kathin on
                the birth certificates of two of her children. b. abt Oct 23,1851 in
                Nyack or Tarrytown, NY Father is possibly Henry, Mother possibly
                Delia Rand
              • Richard DelSol
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 2, 2004
                  OK, Here is my brick wall.
                  Adolphe DELSOL, b, 1884, Decazeville France
                  d, 1933, San Francisco California,
                  Supposedly buried in Potters Field.
                  Any information or leads helpful.

                  Thanks a Million and Happy Hunting

                  Trogg97051

                  E Mail:Trogg97051@...
                • wa2869
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 2, 2004
                    My great-great grandfather, Johann Schlegel, was born 16 Oct 1815 in
                    Germany and died 8 Aug 1878 in Chillicothe, OH. He married Augusta
                    Amelia Bach 26 Nov 1844. Looking for information regarding his
                    specific German origins.
                    -Bob-
                  • semar8
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 14, 2004
                      The Brick wall is Clayton Henry Barnett. He was born on Prince
                      Edward Island about 1911 but, his birth is said to have been
                      registered in Maine. He raised his many children in Caribou, Maine.
                      The oldest child is Shirley Elizabeth Barnett born 8 Feb 1935.

                      > Happy New Year to everyone. As we are embarking on this new year
                      > and many of us, new resolutions, I wanted to try something new here.
                      >
                      > I would like for everyone to post one of their brick walls. Now
                      > before we start flying with the emails, I have a few guidelines.
                      >
                      > Do not post all the surnames you are researching. Just focus on
                      > one!!
                      >
                      > All messages must include the surname and hopefully the given name
                      > along with the approximate dates of the ancestor and the location.
                      >
                      > I will be moderating all the messages and if they do not include
                      > these I will not post them. It does no one any good to have
                      generic
                      > surnames floating around without any references. This means that I
                      > will be reading each message before it is posted to the group so
                      > please be patient with me on approving the messages and only send
                      it
                      > once.
                      >
                      > Hopefully this year will be a great genealogical New Year for
                      > everyone!!
                      >
                      > Tina
                      > TolkSteel
                      > List Admin
                    • Judy James
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 14, 2004
                        William Francis Ruby --b. Nebraska ,1871 or 1874 / d. Pocatello, Idaho , 2-28-1940

                        marr. Annie Hill

                        In 1920 they live in Ogden City, Weber County, Utah with 5 of children.
                        work on Railroad, as a Machinist

                        tolksteel@... wrote: Happy New Year to everyone. As we are embarking on this new year
[...]

                        List Admin

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                        To visit your group on the web, go to:

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        You have a great day!

                      • clabk2000
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 23, 2004
                          I have a Sarah Agnes Schaffer in my line who was b.1890 and lived in
                          Nuremberg, PA.

                          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, stdundas