Re: [Genealogy Research Club] surnames

  • Cynthia C Badger
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 11, 2003
      i found john joseph Finnell in the 1920 massachusetts census. Suffok county, boston township. it states that he was born in mass. and his parents were from ireland. hope this helps.

    • alabamataylor@juno.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 12, 2003
        I am looking for any and all information on the Badgers of Georgia. So
        Far, my research goes from George Badger in Brooks County to Joshua
        Badger in Atlanta.
        I am also searching the Benjamin Taylor family; Ben was born in Va about
        1805, was married in Jasper County, Ga in 1830, spent some time in Pike
        County, Ga and in 1880 died in Randolph County, Ga. Searching all
        connections.
        Another line is James F. Barbee of Wilkinson County, Ga.
        Thanks for any help with these lines.
        Larry in Phenix
      • judi
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 23, 2003
          stillooking for info on John J. Finnell married in 1915 to Alfreda R.
          Holt in or around Mechanic Falls Maine(?) Thats where her birth place
          was,,,Looking for his birth info (1880)'s + - 5 years
          thank you
          judisunicorn@...
        • brindy04
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 27, 2005
            These are the surnames that I am researching

            Naughton...Pennsylvania

            Leonard...Pennsylvania

            Halinen....Finland

            Laari....Finland

            Kokkonen.....Finland

            Boyko....Canada, Ukraine

            Twerdun...Canada, Ukraine

            Polowich....Canada, Ukraine
          • Dona
            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 5 4:34 PM
              The surnames I am looking for:

              Thimm NY, IL, WI

              Odell NY, IL, WI

              Paul WI

              Pahlisch WI

              Polifka WI, Bohemia

              Simon WI

              Thanks
              Dona
            • NormaJean Hedlund
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 25, 2006
                I hve finally got a list of my surnames together. Thanks to all for
                the help I have received and thank you to the group owner for
                helping make this possible.

                Rinehart
                Ellis
                Matlock
                Edwards
                Ratliff
                Edwards
                Davis
                Duncan
                Morton
                Jasper
                Rogers
                Allen
                Taylor
                Thompson
                Martin
                Glenn
                Neville
                Crum

                My family (Rineharts) originated in Germany. My great, great great
                Grampa Lewis was born in 1750. He came to the US with 2 brothers.
                Aparently to Philadelphia. He married Barbara Wrax (last name not
                positive)and they moved to Tennessee.They had 2 sons, George and
                Lewis jr, and five daughters. Barbara died about 1806. Lewis Sr.
                moved with Lewis Jr to IL. He died there about 1830.
                Great, great Grampa Lewis(Jr) married Elizabeth Ellis. They moved
                from IL to IA to OR. They had 13 children. William Ellis Rinehart
                born on Sept. 26, 1846 in Iowa is my Great grampa. He married
                Elizabeth Martin. Six of their children died between 07/25/1880 and
                08/09/1880 of measles and diphtheria. One week later there baby boy
                died of tick poisoning. They had four children who lived: Willard I
                Rinehart, W.H. Rinehart, Avery Jay Rinehart (my grampa) Mrs. I.A.
                (Rinehart)King.
                My dad was Norman Dale Rinehart

                Any help in finding my (birth)fathers family greatly appreciated. I
                am also hopeing that in some way this will help me find my 5 sisters
                and 2 brothers.
                Good Luck to us all
                NormaJean
              • nancy J Smith
                Message 7 of 21 , Jan 25, 2006
                  what is your rogers line
                  mine are from nc

                  NANCY J. SMITH
                • nancy J Smith
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jan 25, 2006
                    <shyotternjh@...> writes:
                    > I hve finally got a list of my surnames together. Thanks to all for
                    >
                    > the help I have received and thank you to the group owner for
                    > helping make this possible.
                    >
                    > Rinehart
                    > Ellis
                    > Matlock
                    > Edwards
                    > Ratliff
                    > Edwards
                    > Davis
                    > Duncan
                    > Morton
                    > Jasper
                    > Rogers
                    > Allen
                    > Taylor
                    > Thompson
                    > Martin
                    > Glenn
                    > Neville
                    > Crum
                    >
                    > My family (Rineharts) originated in Germany. My great, great great
                    > Grampa Lewis was born in 1750. He came to the US with 2 brothers.
                    > Aparently to Philadelphia. He married Barbara Wrax (last name not
                    > positive)and they moved to Tennessee.They had 2 sons, George and
                    > Lewis jr, and five daughters. Barbara died about 1806. Lewis Sr.
                    > moved with Lewis Jr to IL. He died there about 1830.
                    > Great, great Grampa Lewis(Jr) married Elizabeth Ellis. They moved
                    > from IL to IA to OR. They had 13 children. William Ellis Rinehart
                    > born on Sept. 26, 1846 in Iowa is my Great grampa. He married
                    > Elizabeth Martin. Six of their children died between 07/25/1880 and
                    >
                    > 08/09/1880 of measles and diphtheria. One week later there baby boy
                    >
                    > died of tick poisoning. They had four children who lived: Willard I
                    >
                    > Rinehart, W.H. Rinehart, Avery Jay Rinehart (my grampa) Mrs. I.A.
                    > (Rinehart)King.
                    > My dad was Norman Dale Rinehart
                    >
                    > Any help in finding my (birth)fathers family greatly appreciated. I
                    >
                    > am also hopeing that in some way this will help me find my 5 sisters
                    >
                    > and 2 brothers.
                    > Good Luck to us all
                    > NormaJean

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    NANCY J. SMITH
                  • NormaJean Hedlund
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jan 26, 2006
                      I am not sure of the origination fo the Rogers line.
                      My Great Uncle, James H Rinehart, (10/1/1836 IL)
                      married Alcinda Rogers on 12/13/1914. Her birthdte was
                      04/01/1859 but I have no idea where she was born or
                      where they were married. I do know most of my
                      relatives ended up in Oregon. I hope this helps.
                      NJ

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Clark & Rita Pederson
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jan 27, 2006
                        I'm not sure if I have anything but I found an Alcinda Rogers in the 1880
                        and1900 censuses first with a William A. Rogers and then an Asbury Rogers.
                        1900 census says she and Asbury were married 28 years. 1880 with children
                        John W. 7, Anna A. 5, William M. 3, Joseph 9 months. In 1900 Wesley 27,
                        William 22, Rose 18, Jesse 12, Estella 10. 1900 they were in Athens,
                        Harrison County Ohio and the same for 1880. Alcinda was 50 years old in
                        1900 and 30 in 1880.

                        I do not find James or Alcinda in the 1920 census. Since this must have
                        been at least a second marriage for both they may have been dead by 1920,
                        or they were not indexed properly.

                        Don't know if this will help or not.

                        _____

                        I am not sure of the origination fo the Rogers line.
                        My Great Uncle, James H Rinehart, (10/1/1836 IL)
                        married Alcinda Rogers on 12/13/1914. Her birthdte was
                        04/01/1859 but I have no idea where she was born or
                        where they were married. I do know most of my
                        relatives ended up in Oregon. I hope this helps.
                        NJ

                        http://mail.yahoo.com

                        http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408
                        <http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5647408&siteid=18621718>
                        &siteid=18621718

                        _____

                        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                        * Visit your group "genealogyresearchclub
                        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genealogyresearchclub> " on the web.

                        be>

                        _____

                      • NormaJean Hedlund
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jan 28, 2006
                          thank yo so much that give me a working point James
                          died 12/13/1914 probably in Oregon They married
                          04/01/1859 this group is soo helpful

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • NormaJean Hedlund
                          Message 12 of 21 , Feb 5 11:12 AM
                            Nancy,
                            I dont have alot of info yet but:

                            My Great Uncle James Harvey Rinehart b. 10/01/1836 in IL d. 12/13/1914 OR
                            married Alcinda Rogers 04/01/1859 probably in OR
                            I have info stating they had 2 sons:Willard Edward and Harvey Clay
                            They ran a flour mill in "Rinehart Cillage" Union County OR\
                            Also: My sister Shirley Ann Rinehart (adopted last name Buchman)
                            b. 02/21/1945 Juneau, Alaska married Jimmy Darrel Rogers on March 25, 1960 Portland, OR
                            His bd:Dec. 27, 1938 Portland. OR HIs parents were Ewel James Rogers and Pat Hazel Free

                          • Caroline
                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 1, 2008
                              I am researching
                              McLaughlin,Scott,Carter,Lowe,Parker,Lanouette,Landry,Spear,Russell all
                              from the New England area, Nova Scotia,New Brunswick and Quebec. Any
                              one else researching these lines?
                            • joanne
                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 1, 2008
                                --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Caroline"
                                <caroline103@...> wrote:

                                > I am researching
                                > McLaughlin,Scott,Carter,Lowe,Parker,Lanouette,Landry,Spear,Russell
                                all
                                > from the New England area, Nova Scotia,New Brunswick and Quebec. Any
                                > one else researching these lines?

                                I have a small few of Russells in my search. I live in New England.
                              • elizabeth stratton
                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 1, 2008
                                  RESEARCHING MY MAIDEN NAME OF HORTON,ONLY AT GRANDFATHER BORN IN BERMONDSEY LONDON, 1907, anyone else researching Horton? I am going home to wales for a visit soon and going to do some digging around and asking asking questions,

                                  Also i am planning on going to London to see if i can go and buy birth, marriage and death certificates, of my ancestors, anyone done anything like this, and if so what info do i need before hand

                                  THANK YOU

                                  Elizabeth Horton-stratton

                                  you will always miss 100% of the shots you never take
                                  "Wayne Gretzky"

                                • Mary E. Conley
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Mar 2, 2008
                                    I have:

                                    2 McLACHLAN's: Elizabeth & Lachlan;

                                    14 SCOTT's: Hannah Susan b.1801, J. E. b.abt.1826, Jennie Eads b.1856, W. George b.abt.1862, other 10 are living mostly in Calif;
                                    3 CARTER's: Alma b.24 Feb 1897, Emily Caroline d.28 Mar 1940, William b.abt 1870;

                                    11 PARKER's: John b.31 Oct 1866, Margaret Ellen b.abt1860, Martha b.abt 1790, Mary Jane (Polly) b.abt.1847, Parcy b.abt.1845, other 6 living;

                                    1 SPEAR: G. B. b.abt.1875

                                    33 RUSSELL's: Agnes Florine b. 1 Aug 1891, Alva Lavere 26 Aug 1906, Annie Eliza 23 Oct 1867, Benjamin F. b.abt. 1835, Brigham Young b.29 Mar 1854, Cloyd Ellis b.16 Oct 1908, Cyril Glenn b.30 Dep 1897, Daniel Wells b.17 Feb 1864, David Ross b.19 Mar 1887, Earl LaMont b.25 Jan 1900, Elizabeth Vickery b.9 Sep 1862, Ethel Azalea b.12 Apr 1894, Floyd Charles b.1903, Gladys Lucille b.30 May 1896, Grover b.abt. 1894, Heber Chase Kimball b. 27 Sep 1859, Hyrum Smith b.22 Nov 1861, Isaac James b.10 Jun 1866, John Clifford b.28 Nov 1884, John T. b. 27 Jan 1856, Joseph Smith b.23 Dec 1857, Lee b.abt 1920, Marcus b.abt.1815, Virgil b.abt.1920, William Greenwood b.abt.1786, William Melvin b.15 Dec 1888; other 6 are living;

                                    Hope someone else connects to these individuals. Contact me at jonesfamily1952@... Mary

                                    Caroline <caroline103@...> wrote:
                                    I am researching
                                    McLaughlin,Scott,Carter,Lowe,Parker,Lanouette,Landry,Spear,Russell all
                                    from the New England area, Nova Scotia,New Brunswick and Quebec. Any
                                    one else researching these lines?

                                  • maryann
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 13, 2008
                                      I have a list of family names of Johnston co, NC I'd like some help
                                      with. But this is also shared info for the ones looking for these
                                      surnames. Some of the info came from Sampson Co. Historical Society
                                      The Turley family I am hitting a brick wall . I don't know anything
                                      about Richard and where he came from or his parents, I do have a handed
                                      down story but I am not sure its factual. I would like to try and find
                                      info on this family if possible. It is possible he came from Ireland(
                                      the part of the story he was kidnapped from there and was in VA for a
                                      time) And the children out of wedlock? what about these, isn't
                                      commonlaw in those times? I have a whole lot of gaps that I sure would
                                      like to find info on any or all of these names. Any help is greatly
                                      appreciated. Mary Grether Richard Turley m Mary Peal 1788 Children:
                                      Thomas b1793 m #1 Patience Brady in 1819 #2 Ridley Ellis in 1858
                                      Thomas may have moved to Tenn, his son may have een a judge Richard
                                      Turley b 1801 m Elizabeth Farrar sons William, m Elizabeth Holland
                                      children: Catherine m William Farrar #2 Jamey Braddy Zelphia m James
                                      Hilliard Judith had children but unkn father Viney ( had anout of
                                      wedlock child, name unknwn) later m James Smith Grace Turley (several
                                      out of wedlock children) my ggreat grandfather( not sure of this)Samuel
                                      Mosley( Moses) b 1812 Penny m Matthew Higgs(Hicks) Sanford m Elizabeth
                                      Swearigen Samuel Moses was bound to be an Apprentice to Ruben Dodd he
                                      died 1866 he married Lively Ellis they had Candice m Charles W Lee
                                      Eugenia m Issac Dodd JOel B m ? Mary E m? Indiana m? Ridley Penelope m
                                      John Calvin Jones
                                      ........................................................................\
                                      .......................... Wiley R Parrish m Caroline Lassiter(Reddish)
                                      James Atlas Parrish b 1870 d 1918 married Etta Jones b 1873 d 1950
                                      children Maude b 1898 m Ashley Mcelveen d 1980 ( had two children)
                                      Maggie b 1898 m Fred Gooch d 1990 (had 7 children) Talmadge b1900
                                      mLOttie Talton Dexter b1906 m Letah Garris Robert Wiley b 1914 b Annie
                                      Woodard Jessie b 1910 m ?
                                      Calvin Jones b 1841 d 1914 (his father was william Jones/ mother Sally
                                      Simpkins) m Penny Turley b 1849 d 1900 Children Delia b 1870 m Neil
                                      Spencer( or Spence) #2 Williams(?) Etta b 1872 m James Atlas Parrish
                                      John W M (Col.) b 1874 m Nancy Ellis Nellie b 1877 d before 1900 Maor b
                                      1880 m Alma Adams Jessie b 1883 (?) Herman b 1887 m (?) Hubert b 1891 m
                                      Eva Wilder