  • antonmusquetier
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2003
      Dear relatives!

      My name is Anton Musquetier and I live in The Netherlands.
      My hobby is genealogy and currently I am tracing the descendents of
      Maria Catharina Bosman, born 17-12-1858 (December 17th, 1858) in The
      Hague, The Netherlands. Maria Catharina married Englebert Lodewijk
      Musquetier (one of my ancestors) in The Hague and divorced him on 26-
      02-1901 (February 26th, 1901) also in The Hague.

      According to the parish register she departed for America taking her
      4 children along.

      Maria Catharina was a daughter of Hendrik Willem Frederik Bosman and
      Maria Brinkman and I have been able to discover her ancestry to as
      early as 1682.

      Her children were all born in Amsterdam: Maria Catharina in 1882,
      Engelbert Lodewijk in 1883, Hendrika Petronella in 1885 and Johanna
      Geertruide in 1886. These children were registered at birth with the
      family name Musquetier, however, according to family stories, they
      changed their name to Bosman in the USA.

      I have researched all the immigration sources, like Ellis Island,
      without any results.

      Does the above sound familiar to you? I mentioned the full names of
      the children hoping that they might have become a tradition in your
      family, maybe even Anglicized. If you are a descendent, I would
      appreciate very much if you could
      e-mail me at musquetier@... - Not only did I trace the ancestors
      of Bosman till 1682 but also the ones of Musquetiers back to 1495.

      Warm regards,

      Anton Musquetier.