[Genealogy Research Club] Re: sourcing info from Chris

  • thesugarbunnie
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 27 5:24 PM
      Hi Chuck

      A GEDCOM is a generic formated genealogy file that is able to be read
      into any number of different programs and displayed as a family
      tree. It's become a standard format since the advent of computerized
      genealogy. If I were to send you a GEDCOM file done out of Legacy,
      you would be able to open it and display all the information in
      Family Tree Maker or any of the other programs out there. It
      condenses the information as well, making it an easy format to use as
      a backup. It will not, however, save any of your photos if you have
      embedded them into your tree.

      Hope this helps and if I can answer any other questions, please let
      me know!

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Chandler s Parsons