Re: [Genealogy Research Club] How do I find a widows maiden name please

  • fplum@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2003
      Hi Annie and List!

      Try this!

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~englan/

      Forrest Plumstead
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum
      Researching: Plumstead Risser Schroeder Senne Thayer
      Quaker Families:Heald Hobson Hollingsworth Mendenhall Ross

      On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:48:16 -0000 phatcheops <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      writes:
      My 2xGt Granny was a widow when she remarried in 1830. I am finding it
      very difficult tracking down her maiden name. She was Mary Rothwell born
      1796 at Preston, England.(1841,51 & 61 censuses) I have looked for a
      death of a Rothwell between the years 1815-1829

      but have come up with only one - which doesn't look too promising. I
      have been told by three professional researchers that I would have

      to look for all Marys who married a Rothwell over the whole of the
      county of Lancashire between the above dates. If anyone has had this
      problem & can offer any advice I would be most grateful. Thank you. Kind
      regards Annie(Thailand)

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!