How do I find a widows maiden name please

  • phatcheops
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2003
      My 2xGt Granny was a widow when she remarried in 1830.
      I am finding it very difficult tracking down her maiden name.
      She was Mary Rothwell born 1796 at Preston, England.(1841,51 & 61
      censuses)
      I have looked for a death of a Rothwell between the years 1815-1829
      but have come up with only one - which doesn't look too promising.
      I have been told by three professional researchers that I would have
      to look for all Marys who married a Rothwell over the whole of the
      county of Lancashire between the above dates.
      If anyone has had this problem & can offer any advice I would be most
      grateful.
      Thank you.
      Kind regards
      Annie(Thailand)