Re: sourcing info from Chris

  • gedcom101@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2003
      Chris,
      It sounds like you do as much as you can to source your info. I try to do
      the same. Sometimes there is no copyright info available so I will write all I
      can about the source. The main thing I feel is important is to let others know
      where you got the info. Then at least they can go there too if needed to
      check it out or even find others of the similar name or place.

      Sometimes there is not enough to "prove" the info and this also I will note
      so the reader can know that it is as close to proof as I have available
      (example: Aunt Susie Smith daughter of Alvin and Susanna Smith, told me...." This way
      if the family has more info or documents to back me up, they can let me know
      so I can correct or back up my research.

      It would be interesting to hear how others address this difficult and
      sometimes very trying subject.
      Molly M.