McKinney, Charles Peyton (aka C. P.)

  • StyxMark1
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2003
      This is part 3 of 3 messages in an attempt to shake loose some
      additional information on my wife's father's side of the family. I
      have been researching the McKinney line since 1996, and am currently
      digging my claws into C. P. (Charles Peyton) McKinney - It is
      believed that Charles was born abt. Jun 1855 in Russell County, KY,
      but it has not been confirmed yet. I recently found out that he died
      15 June 1909 in Minnesota. Per the census information, C. P. claimed
      that his father was born in VA, and his mother in KY, but it has not
      been confirmed. I believe that he was married (at least) to Martha
      Jane Crow (m: 26 Aug 1880) and to Olivia Meason or Mason (m: 25 Dec
      1883). Prior to Charles, Martha (b: abt 1848, d: abt 1881) was
      married prior to Hiram Collins (m: 1866), and apparently died
      shortly after the birth of her son George Akers McKinney; Prior to
      Charles, Olivia (b: 1845, d: 1922) was married to Napoleon Crow (m:
      24 Dec 1863).

      Charles is my wife's great-great grandfather, so ANYTHING would be
      great... We cannot even request a birth certificate for Charles
      until we can confirm his birth information. If anyone could help me
      locate an obituary or death certificate for Charles, I would really
      appreciate it.

      Other names being researched in this line are McKINNEY, CROW,
      COLLINS, MEASON or MASON.

      Any help would be great. Please send all correspondence to my email
      at mark.rosenblum@.... I have additional family information at
      http://www.tribalpages.com/tribes/styxmark.