Wade Love Family

  • surveyor1toall
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 7, 2003
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "carolinelove19482003"
      <SABAMA05@w...> wrote:
      > Hi I am new to this group, I have no idea yet how extensive it may
      be.Maybe someone out there can help me out with looking for some
      family names. The names I am researching are as follows:1. Wade LOVE
      b.1795 in Franklin Co.,KY (according to his War of 1912 enlistment
      record) married:1815 Jane Wilson in SC died:1878 in TX.(I have all
      generations from Wade down to current, but need to find his parents
      and/or siblings. I will share any that I have on him if anyone is
      looking for it.)If you have files showing Wade as the son Of Col.
      David Ovid Love, it is incorrect, he is NOT his son, where it shows
      Wade in that record, Friend Ovid Love belongs, they are 2 diffrent
      people. I have a lot of documentaion on Friend Ovid Love from his
      G/G/G/Grandchildren .2.John Wesley KING b.22 Oct 1814 in McNairey
      Co., TN married: Mary Ann Williams @1860 died: 21 May in TXHave a
      list with birth and death dates for his children, but need his
      patents and/or siblings3. James Franklin THORNBURG born: ? in
      Sullivan Co.?,TN Father: Markis (Marcus)Thornburg B.? In TNMother:
      Aleatha Johnson B. ? in TNMarried: Mary Ellen Evans date unknown in
      TN.Died: ????Have some info about his children, what i need in the
      info abot His parents and/siblngs.I have some info about the Hassler
      family from Adamstown, Pa. Some info on the Henry Krohn Sr. family of
      WI; a little about the Thomas Beatie Family of IL and MO. I will be
      glad to share what I have with anyone who may need it.

      I too am researching the Wade Love Family. Would like to exchange
      information.
    • Diane
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 30, 2006
        Hi' I'm Diane.
        These are family names I am researching from my own family:
        Amory/Emery/Emory
        King
        Bitner
        Sanders/Saunders ( related to on both sides of my family)
        Spillers
        Wilson
        Jackson
        Grant
        Gross
        Tobias
        Swearingen
        Houston
        Smith
        Schneider
        Haas
        Herr
        Rice/Bice?
        Maness
        Luna (this is a white name that was changed,it's not hispanic)
        Johnson ( Susan Johnson married Alfred Bitner)
        Cunningham
        Prather
        Hallowell
        Barrandey ( French name)
        Clinton
        Sternaman
        Groff
        Hostetter
        Copenhaver
        Miller
        Loew
        Graff
        Heller
        Sigrist
        Matzinger
        Eleander
      • Bill & Tina Swyers
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2006
          Hi Diane: I am interested in your Prather family name.
          My GGGG Grandmother was Cassandra Prather b: 1718 in Maryland and d: 1827 in Newberry Co, South Carolina. She was married to my GGGG Grandfather,
          Daniel Williams.
          Father: John PRATHER b: 1715 in ,CALVERT, MD
          Mother: Abarilla HYATT b: 1718 in ,,MD

[...]

          Genealogy research Genealogy family tree Genealogy information

        • Susan Lyman
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2006
            Hi Diane,

            Where are your Saunders from? I have at least 200 on my tree.

            Susan

            Diane <diane_amory@...> wrote:
[...]

          • Orion Herefords
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 27, 2006
              Hi y'all,

              I was wondering if anyone would be willing to offer suggestions to a newbie?
              Good resources? I am accustomed to tracing pedigrees for my Hereford
              cattle, but have never tried it on myself or my family. :o) Would anyone
              know if the genealogy research websites are of value? (ancestry.com,
              onegreatfamily or something like that...)

              Thanks in advance!
              Regena

            • Susan Ball
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 28, 2006
                Rootsweb.com is imho the best free site. Check it out - you'll be amazed at
                the wealth of information.

                On 7/27/06, Orion Herefords <Orionhfd@...> wrote:

                > Hi y'all,
                >
                > I was wondering if anyone would be willing to offer suggestions to a
                > newbie?
                > Good resources? I am accustomed to tracing pedigrees for my Hereford
                > cattle, but have never tried it on myself or my family. :o) Would anyone
                > know if the genealogy research websites are of value? (ancestry.com,
                > onegreatfamily or something like that...)
                >
                > Thanks in advance!
                > Regena

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Clark & Rita Pederson
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 29, 2006
                  Regina: I subscribe to ancestry.com but would recommend you start with
                  some free resources. In addition to rootsweb.com which someone recommended
                  I would also recommend US Gen Web. It is free. http://www.usgenweb.com/
                  Check the county in which your ancestors lived to see what information
                  county volunteers have put online. Some counties have census and other
                  data available. If you are unsure of the county name when you have a city
                  name, use this website to identify the current county (some counties have
                  been divided and the original county could be a different one.
                  http://resources.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/townco.cgi I would also recommend
                  joining or attending the meetings and workshops of your local genealogy
                  society. They can alert you to local and internet resources. Call your
                  library or chamber of commerce and ask if they are aware of a local
                  genealogy society.

                  Good Luck in joining a wonderful and frustrating hobby of genealogical
                  research!

                  Clark

                  Oregon

                • mom2austinnkylie@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 30, 2006
                    I have found a lot of information on
                    _www.google.com_ (http://www.google.com)
                    _www.rootsweb.com_ (http://www.rootsweb.com)
                    _www.kindredkonnections.com_ (http://www.kindredkonnections.com)
                    _www.familysearch.org_ (http://www.familysearch.org)

                    and many more

                  • waynes_my_babie
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 17, 2010
                      I forgot to ask, how do you know cassandra is hispanic? also are her brothers,sisters,mother,father hispanic as well?