Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Making my web page with Family Tree Maker

  • Lois Robacker
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2003
      Try going to Genealogy.com click on community then message boards and look for the genealogy software board and talk to the techs or others users.

      lenny.edith@... wrote:Following the instructions in Family Tree Maker 10, I made a free home page
      on the Internet. I did it by going to "view", "publish", and clicked on
      the appropriate icons. I made descendant trees for 5 branches of my
      family, saved them and then uploaded them to my home page.

      When I looked at the web page the following things were wrong:

      Clicking on "Interne trees" only listed one of the five trees.
      When I click on this tree I sometimes get a single tree box of one individual
      or a tree without birth dates of deceased ancestors, even thought the dates
      showed in the tree which I created with FTM.
      If I click on "search" from menu bar of this tree I get a list of names and
      can click on them to get other trees, but is often incomplete or incorrect.
      And the list it shows is not the same as the index in my FTM file.
      My individual list by this method starts with a few miscellaneous unsorted
      names before the alphabetical list, and some names that are in my FTM
      individual list are omitted.
      I can scroll this list, but there is no search line.
      I wrote to help@... but all I got was some of their URLs that
      were supposed to have answers, but didn't.
      Have any of you successfully made web pages from FTM? Can you figure out
      what is the problem and how can I correct it?
      Lenny

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT