New member introduction

  • chrisinkingwood2
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2003
      Hello,

      I'm a new member and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Chris
      Summers and I am in the process of expanding my family tree. My main
      family lines that I am working on are on my father's side; the Shaws
      of Dublin and Co. Kilkenny, Ireland, specifically those related to
      the line of Sir Robert Shaw of Bushy Park, Dublin, and also that of
      the playwrite George Bernard Shaw. On my mother's side I am focusing
      on my ancestors who came over from Luxembourg to Minnesota in the
      later part of the 1800's, surnames such as Thiry, Tacheny, Bever and
      Freppert. I started 3 years ago and currently have 6700 names in my
      database. I am especially focusing on tracing dead leads, adding to
      my source citations and importing jpeg images into my data base. Some
      of my challenges are that so many of the Irish records do not exist
      anymore and that many of the other records I search are in French or
      German (gothic style!)which I do not read.

      I am currently using Legacy 4.0 but have also used PAF 5.0

      Thanks and looking forward to learning.