Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Research roadblock

  • nita
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2003
      Try the Smith-Stovell site in the group.
      Nita

      Bjaminsmom <bjaminsmom@...> wrote:
      Hi All,

      I've just joined this group today and was wondering if anyone could
      help me with a research question. I know my Grandparents were born
      in Washington before it became a state. Unfortunately, that means I
      can not get there birth certificates from the state. Any
      suggestions? The surnames I am looking for are Miller, Stovall,
      Thompson, Sack. I know my Great Grandfather Frank F. Miller was
      born in Germany and migrated to the US but I can't trace where or
      when. He married Margaretta Sack who was born in Illinois. If you
      have any information please let me know.

      On my other side, I have hit a roadblock with my Grandfather's
      family. The surname is Croft and I know at some point it was Crofts
      but I don't know when the s was dropped. My grandfather's name was
      either Lyman James or James Lyman Croft(s). His father or
      Grandfather was John Joseph Crofts. Anyone researching the Croft(s)
      name I would love to hear from you.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Ida Henscheid