Updated RUGER, SCHONEBERG/SCHONNENBERG, BRACHT, REYNOLDS of Nebraska

  • Linda Urban
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2003
      Searching for any information concerning those mentioned
      surnames for the following individuals. Thank you for any
      information you may be able to provide. I have had problems getting
      information from family members of my husbands. Seems they want to
      be the "caretakers" and not willing to share any of it...so I am
      taking the bull by the horns and doing my own search. I have
      received some information but would love to complete this task.

      Jacob (Jake) RUGER (1857-1937) formerly of Keya Paya and Cedar
      Counties of NE. Was told he was a stowaway on a ship from Germany
      arriving in the US in 1876 (info. found in census sheets). Do not
      have any information concerning his parents or where he came from
      except that he was born in Russia but lived in Germany prior to
      coming over. Parents are listed as Russian also per census sheets.
      First wife, Minnie from Pennsylvania (maiden name and dates unknown)
      died either during or after childbirth. On 1900 census sheet found
      a daughter not known before, Bessie (name might be Elizabeth) born
      1892. Not on 1910 census sheet so unknown what happened to her.
      Then married a Laura M. (01/19/1873-1972), maiden name unknown and
      had approx. 5 more children. Both died and buried in Coleridge, NE.

      Joseph BRACHT (04/12/1864-12/27/1937)married to Franziska
      (Francisca/Francis) SCHONEBERG/SCHONNENBERG (12/26/1873-12/11/1924)
      and had approx. 8 children. Settled in the Hartington, NE area where
      both are buried in St. Michael's Catholic Cemetary, Hartington, NE.
      Have no knowledge of either parents or background. Franziska came to
      USA aboard SS Southwark arriving in NY on 09/23/1896 with intended
      destination of Hartington, NE. Knowledge of only 4 of their children.

      Franz SCHONEBERG, headstone found in St. Michael's Catholic Cemetary
      in Hartington, NE with following dates 01/26/1839-09/10/1906. Would
      like to know if this man is related to Franziska, might be her
      father? Any information would be helpful.

      Daughter of Jacob/Minnie RUGER named Cora (b.1888/d.1969) married a
      Bert Rubin REYNOLDS (1880-?)having around 9 children including a
      daughter named Pearl May born in Crofton, NE. Other children names I
      have found are Harrold, Millie and Lilly (poss. twins), Loren,
      Byron, Edwin, Albert and June. Info. found on 1920 and 1930 census.
      Settled around Neligh, NE. I was told that Bert was a law officer.

      Thanks again for any help you may be or already have been able to
      provide.
    • Rebecca Betz-Festa
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2004
        > Jacob (Jake) RUGER (1857-1937) formerly of Keya Paya and Cedar
        > Counties of NE.
        > Then married a Laura M. (01/19/1873-1972), maiden name unknown and
        > had approx. 5 more children. Both died and buried in Coleridge, NE.

        There is a Laura Ruger listed in the SSDI:

        Laura Ruger
        birth date - 19 Jan 1873
        death date - Jan 1972
        last residence - Coleridge, Cedar Co., Nebraska
        SS # issued Nebraska 1965
        SS #506-66-6391

        You can write to the Social Security Administration and get a copy of
        the application for the SS # - it will give fathers name, mothers
        maiden name, where born, etc.

        Good Luck!