Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Newbie

  • Nancy Mancuso
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 9, 2003
      ---Hello Mari,

      I'm in Nebraska to and I do Immigration and
      Naturalization records and ship records for Douglas
      County.
      It nice to meet you!!

      Nancy M.

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • sharon@art-rageous.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 9, 2003
        Hi, Mari--

        I don't know of any of my lines starting in NY but I've got a few Ruckers and Lyons showing up in VA in the 1700s. Please feel free to search my website for the surnames you're looking for to see if there are any connections: http://www.art-rageous.net

        Good luck with your research!

        Sharon
        Website: www.art-rageous.net
        Please visit my online stores!

      • jcweir
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 10, 2003
          hi mari i live in nebraska also . my mother was born a osborn .
          i have been researching family lines for about 20 years but just
          started on this one again resently . i onlyhave mine back to about
          1820 john osborn born in pa . i would be greatful for any help
          john --- In
          genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Kathleen" <mari@n...>
          wrote:
          > Hello! I am Mari, just joined the group today!
          >
          > I live in Nebraska and have been researching my families for 32
          years. Some of the surnames I have been tracing are, Osborn, Rucker,
          Francis, Iff, Winter, Cowan, Barnett, Magee; that's just a few.

          > If anyone has similiar names, I would love to hear from you!
          >
          > Right now I am stuck in New York state, (figuratively speaking)
          trying to find a marriage for Moses Osborn, b. 1792 to Anna Lyons,
          2nd marriage to Judith Francis, could have occurred in Cayuga county
          NY.
          > Any tips? Can't wait to hear them!
          >
          > Looking forward to getting to know all!
          > Mari

        • paulahunting
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 3 12:18 AM
            Hello! My name is Paula.I am searching for my father.He hasn't
            seen me since I was 3.His name is Charles R. Coleman,according to my
            bd,;he's born Lake Charles,La.and was 22 in 1958.That's pretty much
            all I know. THANK You.
          • Lee Mossolle
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 17, 2009
              ********** Generation #1 **********
              Michael M. Geis
              b. September 30, 1828 in Aldbessengen, Bavaria, Germany
              d. July 3, 1876 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
              Married
              Mathilda Schneider
              b. May 15, 1830 in Zeilizheim, Bavaria, Germany
              d. November 10, 1920 in St. Elizabeth Hospital,  Dayton, Ohio
              Children
              George M Geis
              b. June 28, 1854 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
              d. December 8, 1926 in Springfield, Ohio
              ********** Generation #2 **********
              George Michael Geis
              Married Phoebe Jane Bartholomew
              b. July 15, 1854 in Cameron, West Virginia
              d. April 13, 1912 in Dennison, Ohio

              Children of George and Phoebe
              Charles Edward Geis
              b. January 29, 1878
              d. July 11, 1956
              Married
              Belle R. Roper
              b. June 1, 1887
              d. July 24, 1980
              Henrietta Geis
              b. June 22, 1879
              d. April 13, 1952
              Married
              Fred Kinsey
              b.
              d. May 7, 1922
              Walter Archibold Geis
              b. 06 Dec 1882 Uricksville, Ohio
              d. 08 Mar 1928 Tuscarawas, Ohio
              William W. Geis
              b. 28 Feb 1888 Tuscarawas, Ohio
              d. 03 Aug 1951 Tuscarawas, Ohio
              Ellen (Nellie) Geis
              b. June 19, 1891
              d. November 8, 1935
              Married
              Frederick C. Bussinger
              b. October 5, 1871
              d. July 18, 1933
              Fannie Geis
              b. May 22, 1881
              d. October 12, 1956
              Married
              John Bichsel
              b. 1874 in Berne, Switzerland
              d. July 4, 1948
              Joseph Phillip Geis
              b. 19 Jul 1875
              d. 24 Nov 1936
              Married
              Bessie Jane Page
              b. August 26, 1880
              d. March 27, 1941
              ********** Generation #3 **********
              Walter Archibold Geis
              b. 06 Dec 1882 Uricksville, Ohio
              d. 08 Mar 1928 Tuscarawas, Ohio
              Married
              Mary (Flossie) Foster Davis
              b. June 6, 1891
              d. February 17, 1927

            • meye2cuties
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 27, 2010
                Hi my name is Beth. I have belonged to this group before but life got in the way but I have found my way back to my genealogy tree. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully helping out others.

                Beth
                meye2cuties@...