Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Newbie

  • Nancy Mancuso
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 9, 2003
      ---Hello Mari,

      I'm in Nebraska to and I do Immigration and
      Naturalization records and ship records for Douglas
      County.
      It nice to meet you!!

      Nancy M.

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • sharon@art-rageous.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 9, 2003
        Hi, Mari--

        I don't know of any of my lines starting in NY but I've got a few Ruckers and Lyons showing up in VA in the 1700s. Please feel free to search my website for the surnames you're looking for to see if there are any connections: http://www.art-rageous.net

        Good luck with your research!

        Sharon
        Website: www.art-rageous.net
        Please visit my online stores!

      • rgrossmann@stny.rr.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 9, 2003
          Re: stuck in NY. Hi Mari, Doubt there is a connection but will throw this out there for all to see; who knows someone else might recognize these names. My grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Lyons born 9-14-1882 to Thomas and Matilda Zeisser Lyons in Brooklyn. She married Frank A Grossman (around the turn of the century) son of Frank M Grossmann & Louisa Reis. I Louisa's father's name was either Jacob or John. Still working on that. Good luck. Rich

          Hello! I am Mari, just joined the group today!

          I live in Nebraska and have been researching my families for 32 years. Some of the surnames I have been tracing are, Osborn, Rucker, Francis, Iff, Winter, Cowan, Barnett, Magee; that's just a few.

          If anyone has similiar names, I would love to hear from you!

          Right now I am stuck in New York state, (figuratively speaking) trying to find a marriage for Moses Osborn, b. 1792 to Anna Lyons, 2nd marriage to Judith Francis, could have occurred in Cayuga county NY.
          Any tips? Can't wait to hear them!

          Looking forward to getting to know all!
          Mari

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • jcweir
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 10, 2003
            hi mari i live in nebraska also . my mother was born a osborn .
            i have been researching family lines for about 20 years but just
            started on this one again resently . i onlyhave mine back to about
            1820 john osborn born in pa . i would be greatful for any help
            john --- In
            genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Kathleen" <mari@n...>
            wrote:
            > Hello! I am Mari, just joined the group today!
            >
            > I live in Nebraska and have been researching my families for 32
            years. Some of the surnames I have been tracing are, Osborn, Rucker,
            Francis, Iff, Winter, Cowan, Barnett, Magee; that's just a few.

            > If anyone has similiar names, I would love to hear from you!
            >
            > Right now I am stuck in New York state, (figuratively speaking)
            trying to find a marriage for Moses Osborn, b. 1792 to Anna Lyons,
            2nd marriage to Judith Francis, could have occurred in Cayuga county
            NY.
            > Any tips? Can't wait to hear them!
            >
            > Looking forward to getting to know all!
            > Mari

          • paulahunting
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3, 2004
              Hello! My name is Paula.I am searching for my father.He hasn't
              seen me since I was 3.His name is Charles R. Coleman,according to my
              bd,;he's born Lake Charles,La.and was 22 in 1958.That's pretty much
              all I know. THANK You.
            • Lee Mossolle
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 17, 2009
                ********** Generation #1 **********
                Michael M. Geis
                b. September 30, 1828 in Aldbessengen, Bavaria, Germany
                d. July 3, 1876 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
                Married
                Mathilda Schneider
                b. May 15, 1830 in Zeilizheim, Bavaria, Germany
                d. November 10, 1920 in St. Elizabeth Hospital,  Dayton, Ohio
                Children
                George M Geis
                b. June 28, 1854 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
                d. December 8, 1926 in Springfield, Ohio
                ********** Generation #2 **********
                George Michael Geis
                Married Phoebe Jane Bartholomew
                b. July 15, 1854 in Cameron, West Virginia
                d. April 13, 1912 in Dennison, Ohio

                Children of George and Phoebe
                Charles Edward Geis
                b. January 29, 1878
                d. July 11, 1956
                Married
                Belle R. Roper
                b. June 1, 1887
                d. July 24, 1980
                Henrietta Geis
                b. June 22, 1879
                d. April 13, 1952
                Married
                Fred Kinsey
                b.
                d. May 7, 1922
                Walter Archibold Geis
                b. 06 Dec 1882 Uricksville, Ohio
                d. 08 Mar 1928 Tuscarawas, Ohio
                William W. Geis
                b. 28 Feb 1888 Tuscarawas, Ohio
                d. 03 Aug 1951 Tuscarawas, Ohio
                Ellen (Nellie) Geis
                b. June 19, 1891
                d. November 8, 1935
                Married
                Frederick C. Bussinger
                b. October 5, 1871
                d. July 18, 1933
                Fannie Geis
                b. May 22, 1881
                d. October 12, 1956
                Married
                John Bichsel
                b. 1874 in Berne, Switzerland
                d. July 4, 1948
                Joseph Phillip Geis
                b. 19 Jul 1875
                d. 24 Nov 1936
                Married
                Bessie Jane Page
                b. August 26, 1880
                d. March 27, 1941
                ********** Generation #3 **********
                Walter Archibold Geis
                b. 06 Dec 1882 Uricksville, Ohio
                d. 08 Mar 1928 Tuscarawas, Ohio
                Married
                Mary (Flossie) Foster Davis
                b. June 6, 1891
                d. February 17, 1927

              • meye2cuties
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 27, 2010
                  Hi my name is Beth. I have belonged to this group before but life got in the way but I have found my way back to my genealogy tree. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully helping out others.

                  Beth
                  meye2cuties@...