Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Newbie

  • Nancy Mancuso
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 9, 2003
      ---Hello Mari,

      I'm in Nebraska to and I do Immigration and
      Naturalization records and ship records for Douglas
      County.
      It nice to meet you!!

      Nancy M.

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • sharon@art-rageous.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 9, 2003
        Hi, Mari--

        I don't know of any of my lines starting in NY but I've got a few Ruckers and Lyons showing up in VA in the 1700s. Please feel free to search my website for the surnames you're looking for to see if there are any connections: http://www.art-rageous.net

        Good luck with your research!

        Sharon
        Website: www.art-rageous.net
        Please visit my online stores!

      • rgrossmann@stny.rr.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 9, 2003
          Re: stuck in NY. Hi Mari, Doubt there is a connection but will throw this out there for all to see; who knows someone else might recognize these names. My grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Lyons born 9-14-1882 to Thomas and Matilda Zeisser Lyons in Brooklyn. She married Frank A Grossman (around the turn of the century) son of Frank M Grossmann & Louisa Reis. I Louisa's father's name was either Jacob or John. Still working on that. Good luck. Rich

          Hello! I am Mari, just joined the group today!

          I live in Nebraska and have been researching my families for 32 years. Some of the surnames I have been tracing are, Osborn, Rucker, Francis, Iff, Winter, Cowan, Barnett, Magee; that's just a few.

          If anyone has similiar names, I would love to hear from you!

          Right now I am stuck in New York state, (figuratively speaking) trying to find a marriage for Moses Osborn, b. 1792 to Anna Lyons, 2nd marriage to Judith Francis, could have occurred in Cayuga county NY.
          Any tips? Can't wait to hear them!

          Looking forward to getting to know all!
          Mari

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Karla Casper-Jennings
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 10, 2003
            http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22Moses+Osborn%22+%22Judith+Francis%22&btnG=Google+Search

            My father's paternal great grandmother was Polly Barnett who married Schuyler Patterson Jennings. Her parents were Samuel Barnett and Polly Sweeney. The Barnett lines goes back to William Barnett, born 1600 in Scotland, and wife, Margaret. They moved to Ireland where the family stayed for three generations. Samuel's father, Thomas was born in Paxtang Township, Pennsylvania.

            Val John Jennings
            http://www.angelfire.com/folk/historian

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 10, 2003
              Mary Kathleen,

              Try:

              http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=+Winter%2C+Cowan%2C+Barnett%2C+Magee&btnG=Google+Search

              I seem to have good results with google, gencircles, and onegreatfamily.

              Val John Jennings

              Mary Kathleen <mari@...> wrote:
              Hello! I am Mari, just joined the group today!

              I live in Nebraska and have been researching my families for 32 years. Some of the surnames I have been tracing are, Osborn, Rucker, Francis, Iff, Winter, Cowan, Barnett, Magee; that's just a few.

              If anyone has similiar names, I would love to hear from you!

              Right now I am stuck in New York state, (figuratively speaking) trying to find a marriage for Moses Osborn, b. 1792 to Anna Lyons, 2nd marriage to Judith Francis, could have occurred in Cayuga county NY.
              Any tips? Can't wait to hear them!

              Looking forward to getting to know all!
              Mari

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • jcweir
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 10, 2003
                hi mari i live in nebraska also . my mother was born a osborn .
                i have been researching family lines for about 20 years but just
                started on this one again resently . i onlyhave mine back to about
                1820 john osborn born in pa . i would be greatful for any help
                john --- In
                genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Kathleen" <mari@n...>
                wrote:
                > Hello! I am Mari, just joined the group today!
                >
                > I live in Nebraska and have been researching my families for 32
                years. Some of the surnames I have been tracing are, Osborn, Rucker,
                Francis, Iff, Winter, Cowan, Barnett, Magee; that's just a few.

                > If anyone has similiar names, I would love to hear from you!
                >
                > Right now I am stuck in New York state, (figuratively speaking)
                trying to find a marriage for Moses Osborn, b. 1792 to Anna Lyons,
                2nd marriage to Judith Francis, could have occurred in Cayuga county
                NY.
                > Any tips? Can't wait to hear them!
                >
                > Looking forward to getting to know all!
                > Mari

              • paulahunting
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 3, 2004
                  Hello! My name is Paula.I am searching for my father.He hasn't
                  seen me since I was 3.His name is Charles R. Coleman,according to my
                  bd,;he's born Lake Charles,La.and was 22 in 1958.That's pretty much
                  all I know. THANK You.
                • Lee Mossolle
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 17, 2009
                    ********** Generation #1 **********
                    Michael M. Geis
                    b. September 30, 1828 in Aldbessengen, Bavaria, Germany
                    d. July 3, 1876 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
                    Married
                    Mathilda Schneider
                    b. May 15, 1830 in Zeilizheim, Bavaria, Germany
                    d. November 10, 1920 in St. Elizabeth Hospital,  Dayton, Ohio
                    Children
                    George M Geis
                    b. June 28, 1854 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
                    d. December 8, 1926 in Springfield, Ohio
                    ********** Generation #2 **********
                    George Michael Geis
                    Married Phoebe Jane Bartholomew
                    b. July 15, 1854 in Cameron, West Virginia
                    d. April 13, 1912 in Dennison, Ohio

                    Children of George and Phoebe
                    Charles Edward Geis
                    b. January 29, 1878
                    d. July 11, 1956
                    Married
                    Belle R. Roper
                    b. June 1, 1887
                    d. July 24, 1980
                    Henrietta Geis
                    b. June 22, 1879
                    d. April 13, 1952
                    Married
                    Fred Kinsey
                    b.
                    d. May 7, 1922
                    Walter Archibold Geis
                    b. 06 Dec 1882 Uricksville, Ohio
                    d. 08 Mar 1928 Tuscarawas, Ohio
                    William W. Geis
                    b. 28 Feb 1888 Tuscarawas, Ohio
                    d. 03 Aug 1951 Tuscarawas, Ohio
                    Ellen (Nellie) Geis
                    b. June 19, 1891
                    d. November 8, 1935
                    Married
                    Frederick C. Bussinger
                    b. October 5, 1871
                    d. July 18, 1933
                    Fannie Geis
                    b. May 22, 1881
                    d. October 12, 1956
                    Married
                    John Bichsel
                    b. 1874 in Berne, Switzerland
                    d. July 4, 1948
                    Joseph Phillip Geis
                    b. 19 Jul 1875
                    d. 24 Nov 1936
                    Married
                    Bessie Jane Page
                    b. August 26, 1880
                    d. March 27, 1941
                    ********** Generation #3 **********
                    Walter Archibold Geis
                    b. 06 Dec 1882 Uricksville, Ohio
                    d. 08 Mar 1928 Tuscarawas, Ohio
                    Married
                    Mary (Flossie) Foster Davis
                    b. June 6, 1891
                    d. February 17, 1927

                  • meye2cuties
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 27, 2010
                      Hi my name is Beth. I have belonged to this group before but life got in the way but I have found my way back to my genealogy tree. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully helping out others.

                      Beth
                      meye2cuties@...