Newbie

  • Mary Kathleen
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 9, 2003
      Hello! I am Mari, just joined the group today!

      I live in Nebraska and have been researching my families for 32 years. Some of the surnames I have been tracing are, Osborn, Rucker, Francis, Iff, Winter, Cowan, Barnett, Magee; that's just a few.

      If anyone has similiar names, I would love to hear from you!

      Right now I am stuck in New York state, (figuratively speaking) trying to find a marriage for Moses Osborn, b. 1792 to Anna Lyons, 2nd marriage to Judith Francis, could have occurred in Cayuga county NY.
      Any tips? Can't wait to hear them!

      Looking forward to getting to know all!
      Mari

    • Nancy Mancuso
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 9, 2003
        ---Hello Mari,

        I'm in Nebraska to and I do Immigration and
        Naturalization records and ship records for Douglas
        County.
        It nice to meet you!!

        Nancy M.

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • sharon@art-rageous.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 9, 2003
          Hi, Mari--

          I don't know of any of my lines starting in NY but I've got a few Ruckers and Lyons showing up in VA in the 1700s. Please feel free to search my website for the surnames you're looking for to see if there are any connections: http://www.art-rageous.net

          Good luck with your research!

          Sharon
          Website: www.art-rageous.net
          Please visit my online stores!

        • rgrossmann@stny.rr.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 9, 2003
            Re: stuck in NY. Hi Mari, Doubt there is a connection but will throw this out there for all to see; who knows someone else might recognize these names. My grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Lyons born 9-14-1882 to Thomas and Matilda Zeisser Lyons in Brooklyn. She married Frank A Grossman (around the turn of the century) son of Frank M Grossmann & Louisa Reis. I Louisa's father's name was either Jacob or John. Still working on that. Good luck. Rich

            Hello! I am Mari, just joined the group today!

            I live in Nebraska and have been researching my families for 32 years. Some of the surnames I have been tracing are, Osborn, Rucker, Francis, Iff, Winter, Cowan, Barnett, Magee; that's just a few.

            If anyone has similiar names, I would love to hear from you!

            Right now I am stuck in New York state, (figuratively speaking) trying to find a marriage for Moses Osborn, b. 1792 to Anna Lyons, 2nd marriage to Judith Francis, could have occurred in Cayuga county NY.
            Any tips? Can't wait to hear them!

            Looking forward to getting to know all!
            Mari

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Karla Casper-Jennings
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 10, 2003
              http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22Moses+Osborn%22+%22Judith+Francis%22&btnG=Google+Search

              My father's paternal great grandmother was Polly Barnett who married Schuyler Patterson Jennings. Her parents were Samuel Barnett and Polly Sweeney. The Barnett lines goes back to William Barnett, born 1600 in Scotland, and wife, Margaret. They moved to Ireland where the family stayed for three generations. Samuel's father, Thomas was born in Paxtang Township, Pennsylvania.

              Val John Jennings
              http://www.angelfire.com/folk/historian

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 10, 2003
                Mary Kathleen,

                Try:

                http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=+Winter%2C+Cowan%2C+Barnett%2C+Magee&btnG=Google+Search

                I seem to have good results with google, gencircles, and onegreatfamily.

                Val John Jennings

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 10, 2003
                  Mary Kathleen,

                  Try couples names in quotations. It is very selective and gets results.

                  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22Schuyler+Jennings%22%22Polly+Barnett%22&btnG=Google+Search

                  Val

                  Mary Kathleen <mari@...> wrote:
                  Hello! I am Mari, just joined the group today!

                  I live in Nebraska and have been researching my families for 32 years. Some of the surnames I have been tracing are, Osborn, Rucker, Francis, Iff, Winter, Cowan, Barnett, Magee; that's just a few.

                  If anyone has similiar names, I would love to hear from you!

                  Right now I am stuck in New York state, (figuratively speaking) trying to find a marriage for Moses Osborn, b. 1792 to Anna Lyons, 2nd marriage to Judith Francis, could have occurred in Cayuga county NY.
                  Any tips? Can't wait to hear them!

                  Looking forward to getting to know all!
                  Mari

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • jcweir
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 10, 2003
                    hi mari i live in nebraska also . my mother was born a osborn .
                    i have been researching family lines for about 20 years but just
                    started on this one again resently . i onlyhave mine back to about
                    1820 john osborn born in pa . i would be greatful for any help
                    john --- In
                    genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Kathleen" <mari@n...>
                    wrote:
                    > Hello! I am Mari, just joined the group today!
                    >
                    > I live in Nebraska and have been researching my families for 32
                    years. Some of the surnames I have been tracing are, Osborn, Rucker,
                    Francis, Iff, Winter, Cowan, Barnett, Magee; that's just a few.

                    > If anyone has similiar names, I would love to hear from you!
                    >
                    > Right now I am stuck in New York state, (figuratively speaking)
                    trying to find a marriage for Moses Osborn, b. 1792 to Anna Lyons,
                    2nd marriage to Judith Francis, could have occurred in Cayuga county
                    NY.
                    > Any tips? Can't wait to hear them!
                    >
                    > Looking forward to getting to know all!
                    > Mari

                  • paulahunting
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 3, 2004
                      Hello! My name is Paula.I am searching for my father.He hasn't
                      seen me since I was 3.His name is Charles R. Coleman,according to my
                      bd,;he's born Lake Charles,La.and was 22 in 1958.That's pretty much
                      all I know. THANK You.
                    • Lee Mossolle
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 17, 2009
                        ********** Generation #1 **********
                        Michael M. Geis
                        b. September 30, 1828 in Aldbessengen, Bavaria, Germany
                        d. July 3, 1876 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
                        Married
                        Mathilda Schneider
                        b. May 15, 1830 in Zeilizheim, Bavaria, Germany
                        d. November 10, 1920 in St. Elizabeth Hospital,  Dayton, Ohio
                        Children
                        George M Geis
                        b. June 28, 1854 in Wapakoneta, Ohio
                        d. December 8, 1926 in Springfield, Ohio
                        ********** Generation #2 **********
                        George Michael Geis
                        Married Phoebe Jane Bartholomew
                        b. July 15, 1854 in Cameron, West Virginia
                        d. April 13, 1912 in Dennison, Ohio

                        Children of George and Phoebe
                        Charles Edward Geis
                        b. January 29, 1878
                        d. July 11, 1956
                        Married
                        Belle R. Roper
                        b. June 1, 1887
                        d. July 24, 1980
                        Henrietta Geis
                        b. June 22, 1879
                        d. April 13, 1952
                        Married
                        Fred Kinsey
                        b.
                        d. May 7, 1922
                        Walter Archibold Geis
                        b. 06 Dec 1882 Uricksville, Ohio
                        d. 08 Mar 1928 Tuscarawas, Ohio
                        William W. Geis
                        b. 28 Feb 1888 Tuscarawas, Ohio
                        d. 03 Aug 1951 Tuscarawas, Ohio
                        Ellen (Nellie) Geis
                        b. June 19, 1891
                        d. November 8, 1935
                        Married
                        Frederick C. Bussinger
                        b. October 5, 1871
                        d. July 18, 1933
                        Fannie Geis
                        b. May 22, 1881
                        d. October 12, 1956
                        Married
                        John Bichsel
                        b. 1874 in Berne, Switzerland
                        d. July 4, 1948
                        Joseph Phillip Geis
                        b. 19 Jul 1875
                        d. 24 Nov 1936
                        Married
                        Bessie Jane Page
                        b. August 26, 1880
                        d. March 27, 1941
                        ********** Generation #3 **********
                        Walter Archibold Geis
                        b. 06 Dec 1882 Uricksville, Ohio
                        d. 08 Mar 1928 Tuscarawas, Ohio
                        Married
                        Mary (Flossie) Foster Davis
                        b. June 6, 1891
                        d. February 17, 1927

                      • meye2cuties
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 27, 2010
                          Hi my name is Beth. I have belonged to this group before but life got in the way but I have found my way back to my genealogy tree. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully helping out others.

                          Beth
                          meye2cuties@...