Re: Is there a Lawyer in the house?

  • lindam002
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2003
      I suggest you try and contact the American Bar Association. If they
      have kept their records for any length of time you could ask if he
      was registered and if so what locailty he practiced. You then might
      contact the local bar association and see if he was registered in
      that area. This might help you locate the history. To the best of my
      knowledge I am not sure that a bad temper was grounds for being
      disbarred. It well could have been earlier in the century but 1938 is
      not that old.
      Good Luck
      Linda

      In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Forrest G Plumstead
      <fplum@j...> wrote:
      > Boy where's a good lawyer when you need one? I've got a
      question. I
      > have traced my g-grandfather Linius D. HOBSON (1859 - 1938) from
      > Blackhawk Co., IA (He was born in Washington Co., OH) to Oklahoma
      City OK
      > (where my grandfather was born) to Denver CO. According to family
      legend
      > he was a lawyer who was disbarred because of his fierce temper. I
      have
      > no idea where he would have gotten his licence from or where he
      would
      > have been disbarred. Does anybody know of a national legal
      association
      > which might have kept records at that time, and where I might be
      able to
      > obtain these records at? I would appreciate any help with the
      history of
      > this man as he fascinates me and I think there is a story there.
      >
      > Forrest Plumstead
      > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum
      > For New to Genealogy and Favorite Links click above
      > Researching: Plumstead Schroeder Risser Hobson Senne Heald Thayer
      Ross