Re: [Genealogy Research Club] 1871 Ontario Census

  • oko8000
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2003
      At 04:42 PM 8/1/03, you wrote:
      >Today I received the FTM 1871 Ontario Census Database. I will be
      >happy to do volunteer look ups on this database. The following
      >search fields are available:
      >
      >Name
      >District (such as county)
      >Sub-District (such as Township or town)
      >Calculated Birth Year
      >Birthplace

      Forrest, thanks for offering the lookups.
      But did you know this same index is online.
      Following is the link and some additional information.
      This index is only a Head of Household index. ie; Only the
      information for the head of the house are in this index. However,
      people with different last names living in the same dwelling as the
      head of the family are listed in this index to.

      http://www.archives.ca/02/020108_e.html

      This database contains the names of the heads of households in the
      Province of Ontario as they were recorded in April 1871 in the
      official enumeration of the population of Canada. The census returns
      record personal information such as name, age, country or province of
      birth, occupation, ethnic origin and religious denomination. The
      database has been created by the Ontario Genealogical Society, in
      cooperation with the National Archives of Canada.

      ps; I have several other Canada cd's.
      FTM 116 1871 census index (as above)
      FTM 118 Canadian Genealogical index 1600's-1900's
      FTM 201 Canada Surname folder index
      FTM 204 Ontario register's 1780 to 1870
      FTM 266 Ontario Marriage index 1858 - 1869
      FTM 274 Ontario and Nova Scotia settlers 1790-1860
      Progeny; Acadia Cajun family trees

      If I can be of help.........

      Peter......
      Docs4u Genealogical research
      35 years experience in
      USA, Canada, Great Britain, Nederland and Belgium
      research
      docs4u@... http://petervanschaik.consulteert.com