1871 Ontario Census

  • Forrest G Plumstead
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      Today I received the FTM 1871 Ontario Census Database. I will be happy
      to do volunteer look ups on this database. The following search fields
      are available:

      Name
      District (such as county)
      Sub-District (such as Township or town)
      Calculated Birth Year
      Birthplace

      Please e-mail me off list at fplum@... and include as much of the
      information above as you have available. I will email back a .txt file
      with the requested information if I have it. I will try to respond as
      quickly as possible, how ever depending on the response and my schedule,
      I may not be able to send you the information right away.

      *** WARNING *** *** WARNING *** *** WARNING *** *** WARNING *** ***
      WARNING *** *** WARNING ***

      Although this disc is labeled the Ontario Census it is **NOT** complete.
      For example Brant South, and West are included. Towns and townships
      include Tuscarora, Oakland, Burford, Brantford Town, and Brantford West.
      South Dumfries Township and Paris are not included. I know this because
      my family is not listed even though I have a copy of their page of the
      1871 census. If I reply to you that the data was not found it does not
      necessarily mean that your family is not in the census.

      Forrest Plumstead
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum
      For New to Genealogy and Favorite Links click above
      Researching: Plumstead Schroeder Risser Hobson Senne Heald Thayer Ross

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!