Re: [Genealogy Research Club] free memberships

  • Forrest G Plumstead
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31, 2003
      Hi Kerri!

      Click on the link in my signature block and go to New to genealogy at the
      top or go to Favolrite Links in the menu. There are several free
      resources which I use all the time. Happy Hunting!

      Forrest Plumstead
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum
      For New to Genealogy and Favorite Links click above
      Researching: Plumstead Schroeder Risser Hobson Senne Heald Thayer Ross

      On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:23:14 -0000 "joeyjoie2000"
      <joeyjoie2000@...> writes:
      Can anyone tell me where to find any good free websites for genealogy?
      I really don't have the money to spend on these membershipd, but
      interested in know my history!

      Kerri

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • Kerri Harms
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 31, 2003
        Thank you, Scott...this does help!

        Kerri

        Aliceann or Scott <carlton47@...> wrote:
        Kerri:

        There are lots of free sites out there ... some good, some not-so-good ...
        and some of the folks here on this list have provided links to many of them.
        Some of the "paid" (subscription) sites have free non-member access areas
        which can sometimes prove helpful.

        If you're going to research your family history -- particularly on-line --
        you will have to become very familiar with conducting on-line searches.
        This is a good place to start!

        Likewise, you don't mention the genealogy software you are using (intend to
        use?) ... if I may suggest Legacy? (http://www.legacyfamilytree.com ) They
        offer a free download of their version 4 which does a very good job of
        maintaining your results. (There is also a "DeLuxe" version which is very
        inexpensive compared to some of the other commercial programs out there.
        Actually all you get when you make the upgrade is an 'unlock' code to enter
        into your already-downloaded free version).

        Not certain this is what you had in mind when you asked your question ...
        but hope it is helpful nonetheless.

        Good luck...

        Scott Carlton

        Can anyone tell me where to find any good free websites for
        genealogy? I really don't have the money to spend on these
        membershipd, but interested in know my history!

        Kerri

        .

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • joeyjoie2000
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2 8:33 PM
          Thank you Val and Karla...

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Karla Casper-Jennings
          our group at: TheFolkHistorian-subscribe@yahoogroups.com .

          > Hope we can work together and discover the past. Success in your
          journey.

          > Val & Karla
          >
          > joeyjoie2000 <joeyjoie2000@y...> wrote:
          > Can anyone tell me where to find any good free websites for
          > genealogy? I really don't have the money to spend on these
          > membershipd, but interested in know my history!
          >
          > Kerri
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.

        • joeyjoie2000
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2 8:34 PM
            Thanks for the info...Kerri

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Aliceann or Scott"
            <carlton47@e...> wrote:
            > Kerri:
            >
            > There are lots of free sites out there ... some good, some not-so-
            good ...
            > and some of the folks here on this list have provided links to many
            of them.
            > Some of the "paid" (subscription) sites have free non-member
            access areas
            > which can sometimes prove helpful.
            >
            > If you're going to research your family history -- particularly on-
            line --
            > you will have to become very familiar with conducting on-line
            searches.
            > This is a good place to start!
            >
            > Likewise, you don't mention the genealogy software you are using
            (intend to
            > use?) ... if I may suggest Legacy?
            (http://www.legacyfamilytree.com ) They
            > offer a free download of their version 4 which does a very good job
            of
            > maintaining your results. (There is also a "DeLuxe" version which
            is very
            > inexpensive compared to some of the other commercial programs out
            there.
            > Actually all you get when you make the upgrade is an 'unlock' code
            to enter
            > into your already-downloaded free version).
            >
            > Not certain this is what you had in mind when you asked your
            question ...
            > but hope it is helpful nonetheless.
            >
            > Good luck...
            >
            > Scott Carlton

            Lexmark
            > Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
            Canada.
            > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/0csqlB/TM
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/