New here

  • carolinelove19482003
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2003
      Hi I am new to this group, I have no idea yet how extensive it may be.Maybe someone out there can help me out with looking for some family names. The names I am researching are as follows:1. Wade LOVE b.1795 in Franklin Co.,KY (according to his War of 1912 enlistment record) married:1815 Jane Wilson in SC died:1878 in TX.(I have all generations from Wade down to current, but need to find his parents and/or siblings. I will share any that I have on him if anyone is looking for it.)If you have files showing Wade as the son Of Col. David Ovid Love, it is incorrect, he is NOT his son, where it shows Wade in that record, Friend Ovid Love belongs, they are 2 diffrent people. I have a lot of documentaion on Friend Ovid Love from his G/G/G/Grandchildren .2.John Wesley KING b.22 Oct 1814 in McNairey Co., TN married: Mary Ann Williams @1860 died: 21 May in TXHave a list with birth and death dates for his children, but need his patents and/or siblings3. James Franklin THORNBURG born: ? in Sullivan Co.?,TN Father: Markis (Marcus)Thornburg B.? In TNMother: Aleatha Johnson B. ? in TNMarried: Mary Ellen Evans date unknown in TN.Died: ????Have some info about his children, what i need in the info abot His parents and/siblngs.I have some info about the Hassler family from Adamstown, Pa. Some info on the Henry Krohn Sr. family of WI; a little about the Thomas Beatie Family of IL and MO. I will be glad to share what I have with anyone who may need it.
    • surveyor1toall
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 7, 2003
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "carolinelove19482003"
        <SABAMA05@w...> wrote:
        > Hi I am new to this group, I have no idea yet how extensive it may
        be.Maybe someone out there can help me out with looking for some
        family names. The names I am researching are as follows:1. Wade LOVE
        b.1795 in Franklin Co.,KY (according to his War of 1912 enlistment
        record) married:1815 Jane Wilson in SC died:1878 in TX.(I have all
        generations from Wade down to current, but need to find his parents
        and/or siblings. I will share any that I have on him if anyone is
        looking for it.)If you have files showing Wade as the son Of Col.
        David Ovid Love, it is incorrect, he is NOT his son, where it shows
        Wade in that record, Friend Ovid Love belongs, they are 2 diffrent
        people. I have a lot of documentaion on Friend Ovid Love from his
        G/G/G/Grandchildren .2.John Wesley KING b.22 Oct 1814 in McNairey
        Co., TN married: Mary Ann Williams @1860 died: 21 May in TXHave a
        list with birth and death dates for his children, but need his
        patents and/or siblings3. James Franklin THORNBURG born: ? in
        Sullivan Co.?,TN Father: Markis (Marcus)Thornburg B.? In TNMother:
        Aleatha Johnson B. ? in TNMarried: Mary Ellen Evans date unknown in
        TN.Died: ????Have some info about his children, what i need in the
        info abot His parents and/siblngs.I have some info about the Hassler
        family from Adamstown, Pa. Some info on the Henry Krohn Sr. family of
        WI; a little about the Thomas Beatie Family of IL and MO. I will be
        glad to share what I have with anyone who may need it.

        I too am researching the Wade Love Family. Would like to exchange
        information.
      • Diane
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 30, 2006
          Hi' I'm Diane.
          These are family names I am researching from my own family:
          Amory/Emery/Emory
          King
          Bitner
          Sanders/Saunders ( related to on both sides of my family)
          Spillers
          Wilson
          Jackson
          Grant
          Gross
          Tobias
          Swearingen
          Houston
          Smith
          Schneider
          Haas
          Herr
          Rice/Bice?
          Maness
          Luna (this is a white name that was changed,it's not hispanic)
          Johnson ( Susan Johnson married Alfred Bitner)
          Cunningham
          Prather
          Hallowell
          Barrandey ( French name)
          Clinton
          Sternaman
          Groff
          Hostetter
          Copenhaver
          Miller
          Loew
          Graff
          Heller
          Sigrist
          Matzinger
          Eleander
        • Bill & Tina Swyers
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2006
            Hi Diane: I am interested in your Prather family name.
            My GGGG Grandmother was Cassandra Prather b: 1718 in Maryland and d: 1827 in Newberry Co, South Carolina. She was married to my GGGG Grandfather,
            Daniel Williams.
            Father: John PRATHER b: 1715 in ,CALVERT, MD
            Mother: Abarilla HYATT b: 1718 in ,,MD

[...]

            Genealogy research Genealogy family tree Genealogy information

          • Susan Lyman
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2006
              Hi Diane,

              Where are your Saunders from? I have at least 200 on my tree.

              Susan

              Diane <diane_amory@...> wrote:
[...]

            • Orion Herefords
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 27, 2006
                Hi y'all,

                I was wondering if anyone would be willing to offer suggestions to a newbie?
                Good resources? I am accustomed to tracing pedigrees for my Hereford
                cattle, but have never tried it on myself or my family. :o) Would anyone
                know if the genealogy research websites are of value? (ancestry.com,
                onegreatfamily or something like that...)

                Thanks in advance!
                Regena

              • Susan Ball
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 28, 2006
                  Rootsweb.com is imho the best free site. Check it out - you'll be amazed at
                  the wealth of information.

                  On 7/27/06, Orion Herefords <Orionhfd@...> wrote:

                  > Hi y'all,
                  >
                  > I was wondering if anyone would be willing to offer suggestions to a
                  > newbie?
                  > Good resources? I am accustomed to tracing pedigrees for my Hereford
                  > cattle, but have never tried it on myself or my family. :o) Would anyone
                  > know if the genealogy research websites are of value? (ancestry.com,
                  > onegreatfamily or something like that...)
                  >
                  > Thanks in advance!
                  > Regena

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Clark & Rita Pederson
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 29, 2006
                    Regina: I subscribe to ancestry.com but would recommend you start with
                    some free resources. In addition to rootsweb.com which someone recommended
                    I would also recommend US Gen Web. It is free. http://www.usgenweb.com/
                    Check the county in which your ancestors lived to see what information
                    county volunteers have put online. Some counties have census and other
                    data available. If you are unsure of the county name when you have a city
                    name, use this website to identify the current county (some counties have
                    been divided and the original county could be a different one.
                    http://resources.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/townco.cgi I would also recommend
                    joining or attending the meetings and workshops of your local genealogy
                    society. They can alert you to local and internet resources. Call your
                    library or chamber of commerce and ask if they are aware of a local
                    genealogy society.

                    Good Luck in joining a wonderful and frustrating hobby of genealogical
                    research!

                    Clark

                    Oregon

                  • mom2austinnkylie@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 30, 2006
                      I have found a lot of information on
                      _www.google.com_ (http://www.google.com)
                      _www.rootsweb.com_ (http://www.rootsweb.com)
                      _www.kindredkonnections.com_ (http://www.kindredkonnections.com)
                      _www.familysearch.org_ (http://www.familysearch.org)

                      and many more

                    • waynes_my_babie
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 17, 2010
                        I forgot to ask, how do you know cassandra is hispanic? also are her brothers,sisters,mother,father hispanic as well?