Is there a Lawyer in the house?

  • Forrest G Plumstead
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2003
      Boy where's a good lawyer when you need one? I've got a question. I
      have traced my g-grandfather Linius D. HOBSON (1859 - 1938) from
      Blackhawk Co., IA (He was born in Washington Co., OH) to Oklahoma City OK
      (where my grandfather was born) to Denver CO. According to family legend
      he was a lawyer who was disbarred because of his fierce temper. I have
      no idea where he would have gotten his licence from or where he would
      have been disbarred. Does anybody know of a national legal association
      which might have kept records at that time, and where I might be able to
      obtain these records at? I would appreciate any help with the history of
      this man as he fascinates me and I think there is a story there.

      Forrest Plumstead
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum
      For New to Genealogy and Favorite Links click above
      Researching: Plumstead Schroeder Risser Hobson Senne Heald Thayer Ross

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • lindam002
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2003
        I suggest you try and contact the American Bar Association. If they
        have kept their records for any length of time you could ask if he
        was registered and if so what locailty he practiced. You then might
        contact the local bar association and see if he was registered in
        that area. This might help you locate the history. To the best of my
        knowledge I am not sure that a bad temper was grounds for being
        disbarred. It well could have been earlier in the century but 1938 is
        not that old.
        Good Luck
        Linda