Re: [Genealogy Research Club] how do I find service number/ssn?

  • Norm Vine
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2003
      Lisa, did you try the funeral home for his SS # ? Its worth a try.

      Norm

      OhNurseLisa@... wrote:
      Hi,
      I've been reading the posts about military records. I want to obtain some
      military records but don't have a service number or social security number. I
      have his place of birth, many places he was stationed, date of death, funeral
      home, etc. but can't seem to find those numbers. He is not listed in the
      social security death index-he died in 1946. His wife is listed in the social
      security index, but I don't think there would be anything on her records that
      would help me, is there? Any other ideas? He had no children, his brothers and his
      wife are dead...thanks for any help Lisa in Richmond, VA

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor