Re: [Genealogy Research Club] how do I find service number/ssn?

  • Nancy Mancuso
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
      ---Hello,
      I have a great uncle was born in Kenosha Wis 1905 and
      had S/S but in 1965 he die in Chicago,Ill. But my
      mother dose get a letter from them until 1970
      and say your Uncle pass away. NO record show
      that their was a S/S number for him?????
      Please get back to me I don't understand this.
      Thank You Nancy M.

      --- Rocco Tedesco <rtwobears@...> wrote:
      > hello, The Social Security Death records can be 20
      > years behind. My g-father shoued up on the records
      > 25 plus years after his death. Service numbers were
      > seperate from the social security numbers during the
      > early through middle years of the 20th century.
      > Then the military went to the ssn's.
      >
      > OhNurseLisa@... wrote:Hi,
      > I've been reading the posts about military
      > records. I want to obtain some
      > military records but don't have a service number or
      > social security number. I
      > have his place of birth, many places he was
      > stationed, date of death, funeral
      > home, etc. but can't seem to find those numbers. He
      > is not listed in the
      > social security death index-he died in 1946. His
      > wife is listed in the social
      > security index, but I don't think there would be
      > anything on her records that
      > would help me, is there? Any other ideas? He had no
      > children, his brothers and his
      > wife are dead...thanks for any help Lisa in
      > Richmond, VA

      > removed]
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Terms of Service.
      >

      > "The lessons learned yesterday,
      >
      > Applied to the problems of today,
      >
      > Lead to a better life tomorrow."
      >
      > R. "TwoBears" Tedesco

      > removed]

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Norm Vine
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
        Try the funeral home, they often apply for SS death benefits for the family. They may have his SSN in their records.

        Norm

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
          --- Rocco Tedesco <rtwobears@...> wrote:
          > hello, The Social Security Death records can be 20
          > years behind. My g-father shoued up on the records
          > 25 plus years after his death. Service numbers were
          > seperate from the social security numbers during the
          > early through middle years of the 20th century.
          > Then the military went to the ssn's.
          >
          > OhNurseLisa@... wrote:Hi,
          > I've been reading the posts about military
          > records. I want to obtain some
          > military records but don't have a service number or
          > social security number. I
          > have his place of birth, many places he was
          > stationed, date of death, funeral
          > home, etc. but can't seem to find those numbers. He
          > is not listed in the
          > social security death index-he died in 1946. His
          > wife is listed in the social
          > security index, but I don't think there would be
          > anything on her records that
          > would help me, is there? Any other ideas? He had no
          > children, his brothers and his
          > wife are dead...thanks for any help Lisa in
          > Richmond, VA

          > removed]
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > Terms of Service.