Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Digest Number 218

  • Angel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2003
      Message: 1
      > Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 23:15:54 -0700
      > From: "Traci McCluskey"
      > <traci.andkids@...>
      > Subject: Re: Need help
      >

      > Crystal, your story sounds familiar to me. I am
      > @ a brick wall like yours. My grandfather was in
      > the Navy as well, and I know his name is/was Ronald
      > James Smith. This is all I have. I wonder if there
      > is a way to get information through the Navy? If
      > you find your way please post how you did it as I
      > will do the same. Maybe we can help each other.
      > Traci

      Hi Traci,

      I think a living close relative can get records from
      the military.

      I think he would have to be a sibling, child, etc.

      For exmaple my father may request records on his
      brother. However, I would not be able to get info on
      my uncle.

      It should be on line who to contact if you go to one
      of the US gov sites, veterens, records, military,etc.
      someone should know the right office to write to.

      God Bless,

      Angel

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Traci McCluskey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2003
        Thank you! I will check into this! Traci
        > Crystal, your story sounds familiar to me. I am
        > @ a brick wall like yours. My grandfather was in
        > the Navy as well, and I know his name is/was Ronald
        > James Smith. This is all I have. I wonder if there
        > is a way to get information through the Navy? If
        > you find your way please post how you did it as I
        > will do the same. Maybe we can help each other.
        > Traci

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor